- Title: 独身貴族
- Title (romaji): Dokushin Kizoku
- English Title: a swinging single. \ Celibacy nobility.
- Format: Renzoku
- Genre: Romantic Comedy
- Episodes: 11
- Viewership rating: 11.39%
- Broadcast network: Fuji TV
- Broadcast period: 2013-Oct-10 to 2013-Dec-19
- Air time: Thursday 22:00
- Theme song: Shareotsu by SMAP
At present, over 47% of the male population in Japan aged between 30 ~ 34 are single. While for women, the no. goes up to 60% for those in their late twenties. It is not that they are unable to get married. Rather, they all choose to remain single, as they believe that marriage is not the be all and end all. Life holds more promising things beyond marriage, and thus they are all celebrating life as a single. This drama takes a look at life from the perspectives of these men and women.
Hoshino Mamoru is the President of a film production company, having taken over the position from his father. He is an excellent creative director, but he detests chaos and hence prefers to remain single. His brother, Susumu, works at the same company, taking care of the business side of things. Currently undergoing divorce proceedings, Susumu has had to move out of his marital home.
Haruno Yuki is disillusioned with men, after having gone through several failed relationships. She wasn't making great strides in her career either, and so one day, she decided to quit her job and pursue her dream of becoming a scriptwriter. In order to pay the bills, she takes on a part-time job at a maid agency. Before she knows it, she gets her chance to make her dream come true!
It could be Fate, or just plain coincidence, but the 3 of them are plunged into each other's lives; The "Affluent Single", the "Divorced Hero" and the "Marriage Refugee". Will a pivotal moment happen upon them? Will the "Affluent Single" decide to give wedded bliss a chance? --Fuji TV
- Kusanagi Tsuyoshi as Hoshino Mamoru
- Kitagawa Keiko as Haruno Yuki
- Ito Hideaki as Hoshino Susumu
- Fujigaya Taisuke as Kawagoe Yuta
- Renbutsu Misako as Ogata Sumika
- Hiraiwa Kami as Genozono Reiko
- Nishihara Aki as Obara Saori
- Sasai Eisuke as Kobayashi Seiji
Source: Video Research, Ltd.
- Screenwriter: Sato Shimako
- Producer: Makino Tadashi, Kusagaya Daisuke (草ヶ谷大輔)
- Directors: Takeuchi Hideki, Hirano Shin, Miyaki Shogo (宮木 正悟)
- Music: Sumitomo Norihito