- Title: 生と死を分けた理由... "アース・クエイク"
- Title (romaji): Sei to shi wo waketa riyuu... "Earthquake"
- Also known as: 平成１８年春・東京大震災 / Heisei 18 Spring: great earthquake disaster in Tokyo
- Duration: 1-part Special
- Genre: Simulation
- Broadcast network: NTV
- Broadcast period: 2006-Apr-03
- Air time: 21:15-23:24
People with trouble getting home: 6,500,000
Financial damage: 112 trillion yen"
This NTV drama special simulates the effect of a 7-degree earthquake (Japanese scale) on people and infrastructure in Tokyo, concentrating on the NTV Tower in Shiodome, a new building that opened in 2003 with 32 stories above ground and 4 below. Uchiyama Rina and Nishimura Masahiko play NTV studio executives who were interviewing a victim of the Great Kanto earthquake in 1923 (Nagato Hiroyuki) when the earthquake struck at 18:30, and who find themselves stuck on the 28th floor. Ishiguro Ken plays another executive whose pregnant wife had gone into labor, and who later has to scour the devastated streets looking for her. Other aspects of the disaster portrayed include a group of new NTV staff who are trapped in an elevator, and the hotline for leaving messages for loved ones. NTV's Ida Yumi hosts and interviews Uchiyama Rina. -lzydata
- Uchiyama Rina
- Ishiguro Ken
- Kashu Toshiki
- Watanabe Machiko (渡辺真知子)
- Ono Mayumi
- Mizutani Momosuke
- Nakajima Fumie (中嶋史恵)
- Wakatsuki Chinatsu
- Nagato Hiroyuki (special appearance)
- Nishimura Masahiko
Real NTV staff
- Ida Yumi (井田由美), host
- Usui Masako (笛吹雅子), newscaster
- Konno Hiroaki (近野宏明), newscaster
- Nishio Yukari (西尾由佳理), announcer
- Suzue Nana (鈴江奈々), announcer
- Music by:
- Ishiguro Ken played a similar role in Kyumei Byoto 24 Ji 3 (2005), which also simulated an earthquake in Tokyo.