Hanahenro Diaries of Showa
- Title: Hanahenro: Diaries of Showa
- Episodes: 7
- Genre: Historical renzoku drama
- Broadcast network: NHK
- Broadcast period: 1985
- Air time: New Galaxy Drama (Saturday nights 11:00pm)
Hayasaka Akira's autobiographical work Hanahenro: Diaries of Showa Pilgrims, first shown in 1985, was the story of Japan from the late 1920's to the 80's, seen from the perspective of ordinary people and set against the background of a shop on Shikoku, the smallest of Japan's four main islands. The relationships within the shop owner's family were a reminder of the values and customs of days gone by, and the series enjoyed tremendous popularity.
In summer 1923, a 17 year old girl who wants to become a singer runs away from home and comes to Shikoku. She visits her aunt who runs a shop on a pilgrimage route and borrows money to go to Tokyo. On the day the girl leaves for Tokyo, she hears of the news that Tokyo has been hit by a major earthquake.
- Original novel: Hayasaka Akira
- Galaxy Drama on Saturday nights first began in 1969. The time slot was renamed Galaxy TV Novel in 1972. Ended in March 1989, and then brought back in April 1993 as New Galaxy Drama.
- The series aired again on NHK in 2005, starting Monday, November 21 at 11:15pm.