- Title: アイ'ムホーム
- Title (romaji): I'm Home
- Tagline: 遥かなる家路 / Haruka naru ieji / The Long Road Home
- Format: Yorudora
- Genre: Human drama
- Episodes: 20 (15 mins. each, 5 weeks)
- Viewership ratings: 7.5%
- Broadcast network: NHK
- Broadcast period: 2004-Nov-15 to 2004-Dec-16
- Air time: Monday through Thursday at 23:00
- Theme song: Daisuki da yo by Otsuka Ai
The 20th NHK Yorudora is I'm Home, based on a manga by Ishizawa Kei.
"My wife is a complete stranger." Anyone who's married to someone for a long time might think this every now and then. But what if the person who is beside you really seemed like a stranger to you? Would you still be able to call that person your family? After an accident, Ieji Hisashi, who is in his 40s, suffers amnesia and cannot remember anything from the past five years. Somehow, during that time, Hisashi had divorced and remarried; he even has a child. However, Hisashi, who has no memory of these things, still considers his ex-wife to be his real wife, and his current wife merely a stranger to him. Why did I marry this woman? Did I really love her? Does she really love me? Hisashi sets out on a journey to regain his memory, coming home from time to time, always with a forced, "I'm home!" When will he be able to feel like he's truly home and say a geniune, "I'm home!" ? Won't you come along on Hisashi's journey to find himself again? This drama will remind you to never take yourself, or your family for granted.
-- translated from excerpts of NHK synopsis by awrittensin
- Tokito Saburo
- Konno Misako
- Toda Naho
- Hokuto Nanase
- Sato Hitomi
- Ishida Yasushi
- Uchiba Katsunori (内場勝則)
- Bonchi Osamu
- Sendo Akiho
- Jinnai Takanori
- Terada Minori
- Original writing: Ishizaka Kei (石坂啓)
- Screenwriter: Asano Taeko
- Director: Manabe Sai (真鍋斎)
- Music: Yoshimata Ryo
Episode Titles (By Week)
- Week 1: 「仮面家族」 "Masked Family"
- Week 2: 「オレは誰？」 "Who Am I?"
- Week 3: 「夫婦の距離」 "Distance Between Husband & Wife"
- Week 4: 「二人の妻」 "Two Wives"
- Week 5: 「記憶の糸」 "Thread of Memory"
-- translated by awrittensin
- The tagline to this drama is a play on words, where the "家路" in "遥かなる家路" means both "Road Home" and is the protagonist's name. (Ieji.) Therefore, it can mean both "Long Road Home" and "Faraway Ieji."
|Previous Drama||DramaWiki||Next Drama|
|#19 - Kekkon no Katachi||NHK Yorudora Ring||#21 - Roomshare no Onna|