- Title: 爱的蜜方 (爱的蜜方) / Ai Te Mi Fang (Ai De Mi Fang)
- English title: Love Actually
- Also known as: Sweet Side of Love aka Love Recipe
- Genre: Romance, Drama, Cooking
- Episodes: 34 (Hunan TV)
- Broadcast: 2012-Aug-13 to 2012-Aug-26
- Air time: Sunday - Thursday, 19:30, 20:20, 21:10, Friday-Saturday 19:30
- Opening theme song: Call Me by Henry Tseng
- Ending theme song: It’s Fine to be Lonely by Hebe Tian
Wang Xiao Xia lived a difficult life. Growing up in the orphanage with her brother taught her resilience. So when her irresponsible brother left her with his child, she took up the responsibility and raised the kid herself. Although it was hard to live life working between numerous jobs to make ends meet, she had always maintained an optimism and positive attitude in life.
One day, a misunderstanding with her landlord lead to her being kick out of her rented property. With nowhere to go and a child to care for, she was at her most vulnerable when a good-for-nothing Chen Hao Jie made a deal with her. She was to pose as his girlfriend for one day and he would ensure that she and her nephew will get a place to stay. Desperate, she agreed. However, the one-day girlfriend deal turned into a huge misunderstanding when Chen Hao Jie's father misunderstood her as Hao Jie's fiancee and her nephew as Hao Jie's son! And with Chen Hao Jie going for another one of his disappearing act when he failed to solicit money from his father, she was left to explain everything to his family! One incident lead to another, causing her unable to explain that it was all a huge misunderstanding. To top it all of, she seemed to have created an enemy out of the second brother, Chen Hao Feng, who was always suspicious of her. Hao Feng, although the second son, is the most talented and heads the family's restaurant business as head chef (which kinds of automatically makes him the 'head of the family').
Hao Feng is famously called "The Iceman" with his dead serious expression and iron-fist rule of the restaurant. He never smiles. Yet, he has a tragic past of a relationship gone bad. After his ex-girlfriend betrayed him, he found it hard to ever believe another woman and had dedicated his life to being the best chef. Yet, in Xiao Xia and her nephew, he found his "Iceman" exterior was beginning to melt. And when he found out about her difficult past and the lie she had told to stay in his family, instead of kicking her out, he felt compelled to help her. To top it all, Xiao Xia discovered that she has a natural talent in cooking which can only be found in top chefs - a gift so rare that even Hao Feng's father was keen to train her up as the next head chef of the restaurant.
When Hao Feng and Xiao Xia's romance was starting to blossom, in comes the ex-girlfriend with a secret that could tear the new couple apart. It would seem what happened in the past was not as what Hao Feng had thought. And with competitors abound and an ambitious relative who is out to take over his family's restaurant business, how will Hao Feng and Xiao Xia deal with their relationship and career problems?
[Source: Animecrazy.net by Aryael]
- Lee Da Hae as Wang Xiao Xia
- Joe Cheng as Chen Hao Feng
- Li Yi Feng as Chen Li Yang
- Fang An Na as Lin Xiao Xiao
- Wang Zhi Hua as Chen Quan
- June Tsai as Tang Xing Hui
- Chen Hong Jin as Yang Guang
- Zhou Yun Shen as Chen Hao Jie
- Zhang Rui Jia as Wang Man Li
- Director: Lin He Long
- Producer: Dan Zhou
- Screenwriter: Wang Bo
- Production Company: Hunan Satellite TV
- 2012 Third LETV Entertainment Awards (China): Most popular actress in Asia Pacific Region (Lee Da Hae)