- Title: ラブレボリューション
- Title (English): Love Revolution
- Format: Renzoku
- Genre: Romance
- Episodes: 12
- Viewership ratings: 17.3
- Broadcast network: Fuji TV
- Broadcast period: 2001-Apr-09 to 2001-Jun-25
- Air time: Monday 21:00
- Theme songs:
A romantic comedy about women in their 30's
For everyone who still remembers "Suteki na Kataomoi," "Tokyo Love Story," "101st Proposal," prepare yourselves for even more of those same touching moments again.
Breaking the tradition of the main character for a Monday night drama being a woman in her 20's, Esumi Makiko stars as Kyoko Asaoka, a 32-year-old heart surgeon working at a hospital in Tokyo. Men tend to shy away from the tall, well-educated and well-paid Kyoko because they see her as a woman that can do things on her own. The truth of the matter is that Kyoko is just unlucky in love. She is also old-fashioned, and wants to fall in love just like anyone else, but has a hard time showing her real self to men. Fuji TV
- Esumi Makiko as Asaoka Kyoko
- Yonekura Ryoko as Endo Mariko
- Fujiki Naohito as Suga Eiichiro
- Oshio Manabu as Yabuki Mamoru
- Yamazaki Ginnojou as Yoshida Kiyoshi
- Yamamoto Keiichi (山本圭壱) as Fukuda Takuya
- Sakai Miki as Egawa Yoshie
- Toda Maiko as Katagiri Akiko
- Matsumoto Rumi as Takatsuki Fumiko
- Nishioka Tokuma as Katagiri Kenzo
- Hori Tsukasa (堀つかさ) as Ariyoshi Chiharu
- Kazama Toru as Kogure Kyoshiro
- Hara Kumiko as Sayuri
- Tayama Ryosei as Shimizu
- Yajima Kenichi as Takeuchi Ishi
- Sakata Tadashi
- Screenwriter: Fujimoto Yuki
- Producer: Honma Utahiko, Hiraga Kimiyasu
- Director: Nagayama Kozo, Kobayashi Kazuhiro, Hirai Hideki
- Music: K,N,I,F,E,
|Ep#||Title (Kana)||Title (English)||Rating|
|03||恋する女たち||Women in Love||17.7%|
|12||恋と革命||Love and Revolution||17.0%|
A Love Merry-Go-Round
This is the romance drama for all romance drama enthusiasts. Esumi Makiko plays the intelligent and classy doctor Asoaka Kyoko, who because of studies and work has not had much time for love. In fact, she has not once had a boyfriend and she has already turned thirty. Her good friend, Mariko (Yonekura Ryoko) encourages Kyoko not to give up and has her go to St. Valentine. There, they meet an odd woman who points at Kyoko saying ominously, "Next year you will be married to a man who will tell you everything."
However, as time passes Kyoko becomes more and more involved in her work and finally gives up on love. However, when she does so, not one but two men come into her life - Suga Eiichiro (Fujiki Naohito) and Yabuki Mamoru (Oshio Manabu).
Esumi Makiko does a stunning portrayal as Asaoka Kyoko, someone who is serious in both love and work. She had great chemistry with all the male leads, especially Fujiki Naohito. The story flowed seamlessly and the episodes tended to always end with a cliffhanger, making you want to continue on.
You will definitely be humming "Kiss of Love" by Hirai Ken after watching just a few episodes.