- Title: ソムリエ
- Title (French): Sommelier
- Format: Renzoku
- Genre: Comedy
- Episodes: 11
- Viewership rating: 13.0%
- Broadcast network: Fuji TV
- Broadcast period: 1998-Oct-13 to 1998-Dec-22
- Air time: Tuesday 22:00
After a corporate restructuring, Mr. Ogura, an aging manager, is assigned to run La Mer, a French restaurant in Japan. Joe Satake, a very talented French Japanese wine expert, has been asked by Ms. Katagiri, Mr. Ogura's immediate supervisor, to help. Using his expertise and keen observation skills, Joe is a genius in selecting the right wine for every occasion for his customers. He is very eccentric and has high standards, demanding that the wine be properly handled and appreciated.
On his flight to Japan from Europe, he comments on the wine selected by Nao, an arrogant, young self-styled wine connoisseur and fellow passenger who coming back from a shopping spree, angering her when he starts by saying, "the wine is crying…" In a series of accidental encounters, Joe keeps bumping into Nao, who grows angrier and more determined to get back at him in some way. The spoiled daughter of the department head, Nao tells her father that she wants to become a sommelier when she finds out that he is working at one of the company's restaurants.
- Abe Sadao
- Hara Sachie
- Satoi Kenta
- Takahashi Hitomi
- Morishita Tetsuo
- Sasaki Kazuya (佐々木和也)
- Akimoto Naomi
- Nagano Satomi (ep7)
- Original writing: Jo Araki (城アラキ), Kaitani Shinobu (甲斐谷忍)
- Screenwriter: Tanabe Mitsuru (田辺満), Takahashi Rumi, Kashida Shogo (樫田正剛)
- Producer: Ohira Yuji (大平雄司), Inada Hideki
- Director: Hoshi Mamoru, Murakami Shosuke (村上正典), Tokuichi Toshiyuki (徳市敏之)
- Music: Honma Yusuke
- Ep. 01: Genius!? Lover!? The wine maniac appears!!
- Ep. 02: One pinch after another! Where's the wine!!
- Ep. 03: The spoiled young girl's counterattack
- Ep. 04: No entry permitted!
- Ep. 05: Aim for the comedian's path!!
- Ep. 06: For wedding bells, a wine that brings tears to the eye...
- Ep. 07: The wine that loves
- Ep. 08: The female sommelier is born!
- Ep. 09: A goodbye wine battle
- Ep. 10: Make it with tears! A touching cocktail of love
- Ep. 11: The pride of wine... A miracle at X-mas!?