Sukoshi wa, Ongaeshi ga Dekitakana
- Title: 少しは、恩返しができたかな
- Title (romaji): Sukoshi wa, Ongaeshi ga Dekitakana
- Format: Tanpatsu
- Genre: Human drama
- Viewership rating: 14.6
- Broadcast network: TBS
- Broadcast date: 2006-Mar-22
- Air time: Wednesday 21:00
- Theme song:「上を向いて歩こう」Ue wo Muite Arukou (also known as Sukiyaki) by Sakamoto Kyuu
"Ewing's sarcoma is different from cancers of the same kind. It occurs in the bones and flesh, and spreads through the blood. It is a malignant tumor common in children below 10, and in teenagers. It is rarer than cancer..."
Kitahara Kazunori was diagnosed with Ewing's sarcoma in the fall of his second year in high school, and thereafter spent a year and 10 months battling the disease. Although he studied hard for the university examinations and was successfully admitted to his first choice, [the prestigious] Tokyo University, he only managed to visit it for a day before passing away.
After that, last January [i.e. 2005], Kazunori's mother compiled the thoughts he had left behind and published it as a book, and it was adapted into this drama.
Even as Kazunori had to fight his serious illness, he received support from his friends, school teachers and family members, and had warm relations with many people. This drama illustrates the 1 year and 10 months young Kazunori persevered together with the people around him.
(Rough translation of TBS's introduction)
Note: The title refers to Kazunori's words on successfully getting into Tokyo University - has he now repaid his debt (to his parents) in a little way, he wonders.
- Ninomiya Kazunari as Kitahara Kazunori
- Otake Shinobu as Kitahara Mikiko
- Murata Takehiro as Kitahara Ichiro
- Ikewaki Chizuru as Sasaki Mio
- Katsuji Ryo as Makiuchi Takumi
- Katsumura Masanobu as Sakaki Hiroaki
- Ogi Shigemitsu as Agawa Takatoshi
- Takahashi Issei as Kitahara Masaichi
- Tani Kei as Principal Tanokura
- Daito Shunsuke
- Asari Yosuke
- Original work: 「少しは、恩返しができたかな」by Kitahara Mikiko (published by Koudansha)
- Screenwriter: Yamazaki Atsuya
- Producer: Yamasaki Tsunenari (山崎恒成)
- Director: Yoshida Ken
- Music by: Kasamatsu Yasuhiro (笠松泰洋)