- Title: 向日葵的约定 / Xiang Ri Kui De Yue Ding
- English title: The Promise
- Genre: Telemovie
- Episodes: 1
- Broadcast period: 2009-Dec-27
- Broadcast network: MediaCorp Channel U
- Air time: 2009-Dec-27 21:30-23:00
- Opening theme song: Shou Bao Hu (受保護) by Serene Koong 龔芝怡
Born with mild intellectual disability (MID), slow in learning and often gullible, 19-year-old Shan Shan is an innocent and friendly girl. Like any teenager, Shan Shan is going through a coming of age, yearning for a special someone.
Tan Mei Juan, Shan's mother, is a single-parent mother who has raised her daughter single handedly. Extremely protective of Shan, Mei Juan devises a "sunflower pact". If Shan ever falls in love and the boy she loves can fulfill the conditions as laid down in the "sunflower pact", Mei Juan will give her blessings.
In a chance encounter, Shan falls in love with 19-year-old Wen Yuan who happened to be a slacker in his studies and life. Shan's innocence and attitude to life changed Wen Yuan. However will Wen Yuan accept a MID girl as his girlfriend? Is he the one to fulfill the "sunflower pact"?
- Julie Tan as Lee Shan Shan
- Lawerence Wong as Tan Wen Yuan
- Lin Mei Jiao as Lee Mei Juan
- Zhang Wen Xiang as Paul Ng