Regarding your msg about DF
Hi Chillyperson, we posted the external links with permission from Ruroshin. Drama Wiki is a great site for people to learn more about dramas, and it only makes sense to let the visitor know where he/she can watch for free in a legal, high quality site. As you noticed, we used an informational style (non-salesy) in adding the external links. If you'd like to discuss further, please feel free to reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks
Drama listing order
FYI, DramaWiki lists shows in the order of how they're aired on TV. Keep in mind that DramaWiki are for the fans of dramas and not the artist. Please refrain from changing the order to one that is sorted by filming date. Groink 23:13, 20 Jan 2008 (CST)
Sorry for the confusion, I thought it goes by filming order because I've seen other artists' page that are formatted in that way. Chillyperson 21:25, 20 Jan 2008 (GMT)
Chil Woo airing dates
In the Strongest Chil Woo page, i've noticed that you've changed the airing start date from 17th to the 23rd of June. I was wondering, because all the latest up-to-date news articles clearly stated the 17th is the start of the drama. Even in the KBS site the date is the 17th. If it's because the four episode drama special on KBS, the last episode is not going to air on the 17th, it's undecided yet when will it be aired.
Feel free to delete this message, but I didn't know another way to contact you.
Is it ok to put up a fan made banner until an official picture can be posted for a drama? If it's not, please feel free to move it or delete it. I looked in the FAQ, but I couldn't find anything specific.
btw: I fixed the summary! Thanks for helping me out. I read over a lot of the FAQ's but I missed that one.
EDIT: I found the part about the use of images and that they prefer PS images. 0_0 I didn't know that. Anyway, I will change the image as soon as the Press pics come out!
Yo! I guess you didn't get the memo. vivi.g, marc8 and I had a discussion about the need for Hanzi on character names in dramas. We decided that it was not necessary. You can find the discussion DramaWiki talk:Chinese TV Show Article Formatting. That's why vivi.g is doing the removal. Please read the discussion. If you don't agree, please comment there. Groink 11:01, 20 August 2009 (UTC)
- Sorry, I didn't realize there was a discussion going on. I still don't really agree with it. But since it is under discussion, I won't make anymore edits related to removing hanzi until we come up with a conclusion. Chillyperson 11:41, 20 August 2009 (PST)
I searched through news about the episode ratings. One had 18.2 and listed TNS as its source whereas on the TNS site, Style hit rankings of 18.3% but I think that Style was still ranked 4th on 2009-Aug-23. Either the news source mistyped and put 18.2 instead of 18.3 or TNS rankings were wrong. But I think it was 4th overall in terms of rankings of that day. C51236 24 August 2009
- The TNS ratings are wrong because the two columns (Seoul and Nationwide) had exactly the same ratings for all the TV shows. I figured out that the Nationwide ratings were wrong and the Seoul ratings were right in the TNS site since the Nationwide ratings of all the dramas in the news sources were completely different from TNS. For example, the TNS site had 36.3% in Nationwide and Seoul for the ratings of The Sons of Sol Pharmacy House. However, the news sources say 35.0% for Nationwide. About the ranking, I think Style can rank either 4th or 5th that day because there was a variety show that was very close to 18.2%. But I couldn't find out whether that show is above or below 18.2% so the ranking is still unknown. Also, I've found more news souces that say that Style hit 18.2% for Nationwide and they are listed below.
- --Chillyperson 13:46, 25 August 2009 (PST)
it is ok if i put it here right? ok, so i'm still new to this thing... can you teach me how to put up the picture for a page? thank you sooo much! -Gracechang thank you so much, yeah, sometimes i forget to use the 'show preview' button^^" i have to get use to it...
I want to thank you so much for adding the source to the 3rd season of K.O.3an Guo. It helps spread the popularity a little bit.
--Jake002 20:52, 11 December 2009 (UTC)
- You're welcome. I cited the source for reference purposes since it's a word for word copy and paste. However, it's always better to have an original synopsis in Dramawiki. I look forward to write one in the near future. -- Chillyperson 18:01, 11 December, 2009 (PST)
If you're replacing an image with another image, it's easier to just reupload the image under the same filename instead of putting it under another filename. (ex:Smile, Dong Hae) This is so that there won't be multiple images for one article under numerous file names. (ex: Dream High) --C51236 00:35, 3 January 2011 (UTC)
- I understand your point, and that was why I named the new image the same as the old image ("Dream High Poster"). However, the new image was a jpg file and the old one was jpeg so it came out as two different files. I should put a delete template on the old one. Thanks for pointing it out. I will be more careful next time. --Chillyperson 16:31, 2 January 2011 (PST)
I've noticed that you do some of the ratings for KDramas. I'm curious on how you get the ratings. I've tried clicking on the sources (like AGB Nielsen) but I can't seem to find a way to get ratings for any of the dramas. I don't know the Korean language that well. I thoroughly researched the Internet just for Korean Peninsula's ratings, and I STILL can't find one of the episode's rating. So, basically, I'm just wondering how you get the ratings for each of the dramas? Thank you! Msmall92 04:39, 12 March 2012 (UTC)
- Hi Msmall92, I get most of the ratings from TNmS because Dramawiki has been using it for long time so I know how to browse the site better. I would go to this site <home.tnms.tv/rating/main.asp> to find the ratings. I don't use AGB Nielson that often because I can't find the ratings page either. However, if another Dramawiki user starts recording AGB ratings (eg. The Moon That Embraces the Sun ratings) I would source them from Korean sites (like Daum, Newsen, Nate, etc.) or Korean Wikipedia.
- Out of the two ratings companies, only AGB Nielson records ratings for cable dramas. It is difficult to find ratings for Korean Peninsula because it is usually ranked below top 20. Only dramas that are ranked top 20 of that day are displayed on the site. Also, cable dramas have a lot less buzz compared to the big three (MBC, KBS, SBS) so there are not many news articles that talk about it. So far, I can only find the ratings for the first two episodes of Korean Peninsula. -- Chillyperson 22:25, 11 March 2012 (PST)
- Thank you for the explanation. It's too bad that cable dramas and non-popular Dramas don't always get their ratings posted. Anyways, thanks again! :) Msmall92 06:26, 12 March 2012 (UTC)
- You're welcome! Thanks for contributing to the ratings pages. Happy Wiki'ing ;) -- Chillyperson 23:55, 11 March 2012 (PST)
- Just in case you didn't know... Unfortunately, you have to pay to get a detailed tv rating analysis from TNmS and AGB Nielsen. Only the toplists are available for free on their websites. As an example for detailed statistics I have uploaded an old AGB Nielsen report for August 25th 2005. You can also find two more reports in Excel format when you search for "프로그램 시청률 및 점유율 전국일보" on Google. Yahoo.kr lists a few tv rating info pages. Among them you find also the daily AGB Nielsen rating toplist similar to the TNms lists. --MoerkJ talk 15:02, 12 March 2012 (UTC)
Do you have any sources saying You're Only Mine, Mother's Garden, and Everybody, Kimchi! were further postponed? Because they were the only weekday dramas that we're not on the TNmS chart. --ZianaSue (talk) 11:56, 22 April 2014 (UTC)
- Hi ZianaSue, I checked the schedules on their respective broadcasting station websites. You're Only Mine is still pre-empted as of right now so we will have to wait for further updates. Mother's Garden and Everybody, Kimchi! just resumed airing today (April 22). --Chillyperson (talk) 18:29, 22 April 2014 (UTC)
High resolution replacement
Hi Chillyperson, please stop replacing the existing images with higher resolution ones. The bigger files actually have adverse affect on the system. Please see Guidelines on image selection and usage:
Attempt to edit the image to the correct size before uploading to DramaWiki. Using the thumb parameter requires additional processing by the MediaWiki software, and also uses up additional disk space to store the cached version(s) of the re-sized image.
Thank you for cooperation. --WaterOB 17:21, 1 October 2012 (UTC)
- Hi WaterOB, thanks for pointing that out. I will be more careful in the future. --Chillyperson 19:49, 1 October 2012 (PST)