- 1 Adding Cast Members
- 2 Linking
- 3 Images containing logos, web site addresses, etc.
- 4 Producers and directors
- 5 Photos
- 6 Always Update Artist Profile
- 7 Romanization
- 8 Seigi no Mikata
- 9 Please recycle filenames
- 10 Smile Character Name
- 11 Sato Hiroko
- 12 Fancruft
- 13 General Rouge no Gaisen
- 14 Deki
- 15 Re: New Categories
- 16 RE: Sequels/Remake
- 17 Two-way linking
Adding Cast Members
When you add actors/actresses to a drama article, please put the Japanese name next to the Romanized Wikilink if no article exists for that actor/actress. This makes it easier for other editors to verify your Romanization and, more importantly, helps reduce ambiguity when two people have names which are Romanized the same way. Thanks. -- Quashlo 01:59, 13 Jan 2008 (CST)
You added additional artists to the Tadashii Oji no Tsukurikata article, but you neglected to add this drama into each of the artist articles. On DramaWiki, linking is two-way, so please add the drama to their articles. Thank you. --Pineapple 18:30, 21 Feb 2008 (CST) Oh okay, thanks for notifying me.
- If you make a new article for an actor, actress, director, etc., you need to add all the dramas to the list. You missed several dramas for Yatsu Isao. Use the "What links here" item in the toolbox on the left. Please familiarize yourself with the guidelines and tools available. Otherwise, you are only making more work for the other editors who have to clean up your work. -- Quashlo 21:36, 23 Feb 2008 (CST)
- You made the same mistake again when you added cast members to the Proposal Daisakusen SP. Follow the rules and you'll save everyone else the trouble of editing your edits... It's really not that difficult to understand. -- Quashlo 11:58, 30 Mar 2008 (CDT)
Images containing logos, web site addresses, etc.
Images like these are not allowed on DramaWiki, per guidelines. Your upload of the image for Takase Yukina breaks this guideline. Please do not do it again. Groink 20:35, 23 Feb 2008 (CST)
- If I can't find a different photo, is it possible to crop out the logo?
- Yes, cropping out the logo will do the trick. Groink 22:25, 23 Feb 2008 (CST)
Producers and directors
Please do not - I repeat DO NOT permanently mark a producer or director as working for a specific TV network. Even if 100-percent of his work is at only one TV network, we MUST assume that he can also work for other TV networks. He has the right to leave a TV network for another one. Again, assume this! Groink 19:52, 8 Mar 2008 (CST)
- oh okay
Please keep photos of artists to 200 pixels maximum. Also, rename the JPEG files so that it includes the full name of the artist. Some of us editors use the names of the files to determine who's in the photo without actually opening the file. Groink 01:17, 16 Mar 2008 (CDT)
Always Update Artist Profile
I noticed that you edited the Loss Time Life article by adding the artist that appear for Story 8. Please make sure to update the artist profile to reflect that they appeared in the story. --YtToshi 09:30, 30 Mar 2008 (CDT)
Make sure you are romanizing names in a manner consistent with DramaWiki guidelines. As a general rule, long vowels are romanized as short vowels, unless the actor, actress, etc. (or their agency) romanizes it differently. -- Quashlo 03:23, 10 May 2008 (CDT)
Seigi no Mikata
Question... Why do we need a 2008 article for this renzoku? Is the 2008 and 1997 renzoku of the same name two completely different storylines and characters? If it is the same, the 2008 version should be merged into the existing 1997 version. Groink 23:38, 3 Jun 2008 (CDT)
- So far one is about a rookie cop, the 2007 one, and the other, the 2008 one, is based on a comical manga about a girl, shida mirai, constantly tormented by her older sister, however that sister is a strong advocate of being an ally of justice. And the rookie cop one the tile is all hiragana but same name and shida mirai one is in kanji. so i believe its a very different storyline just same name.
- Thanks for the follow-up. I found it strange because they're both produced by NTV. Groink 16:23, 4 Jun 2008 (CDT)
Please recycle filenames
You're replacing Bloodymonday.jpg with Bloodymondaybetter.jpg is wrong. When replacing images, replace the image with EXACT SAME filename, so that we have a record of previous versions of the same filename. That's the way of the wiki. Also, to name a file "better" is not so cool IMHO. It sends a message of elitism to the rest of us. Groink 09:10, 3 Oct 2008 (CEST)
- Oh sorry, didn't mean it that way at all, but next time i'll just replace it. Thanks for the heads up. Oh and after replacing the old photo with the new photo, how do I make the new photo show up in the actual article?
- If you do a so-called "null-edit" (editing the wiki page without changing the wikitext) the page cache will be cleared and all images will be re-rendered. Btw, a "null-preview" should have the same effect. A null-edit has no effect on the database and thus won't get logged. --MoerkJ talk 12:59, 3 Oct 2008 (CEST)
Smile Character Name
I believe it was you who went back to change the name on the description for the drama Smile (as I have seen no other changes after mine under the edit history), but Hayakawa Bito should actually be Hayakawa Vito. The kana is "Bito" since Japanese does not have the "Vi" sound, but his name is undeniably Vito. If you watch the first episode and hear the explanation for his name, which is based off of Vito Corleone from Mario Puzo's "The Godfather," then it should be Vito, not Bito.
- okay, good point, thanks for letting me know and sorry about the edit. I went to the TBS site and they had his name spelled as "Bito" so I changed it. But your reasoning makes sense. =)
You are right. The article is overloaded with information. Go ahead and let the editor know about our guideline. --WaterOB 03:44, 24 February 2010 (UTC)
- Hi, I left the agent's list of television work in the discussion page for Hiroko Sato but I don't know enough about your formatting requirements to edit this section so I will leave it up to a Drama Wiki editor to do this. Also note that the photo from her old agent FITONE is out of date, I have permission to use the later one but again I don't know your editing or formatting rules so I have not attempted to change this. Regards, Hutch 06:40, 25 February 2010 (UTC)
Here is how I catergorize trivia: If they are listing facts, such as Sakurai Sho being a spokeperson for Jounan Yobiko, then it's good trivia because we can verify it. If they are listing "likes and dislikes", "aspirations", "favorite people," any "subjective comments", then it's fancruft. Unless we are the person in question, we really can't know for sure if that's how they think. --WaterOB 17:00, 9 March 2010 (UTC)
General Rouge no Gaisen
The primary reason I created a separate page was because it had a separate Japanese wikipedia page. I don't know why they did it. Since the Japanese didn't tag it on as Eiko 2, I figure I'll follow their example. --WaterOB 14:33, 10 April 2010 (UTC)
Thanks for the advices, I'll be more careful in my next edits! :D
Re: New Categories
I'm not sure how helpful the new category will be. But if you are willing to maintain it on a ongoing basis, I don't see why not. Go right ahead. --WaterOB 14:39, 7 September 2010 (UTC)
If it's a remake, it warrants a new page. If it has the same majority cast, similar and/or continuation of the same storyline, but with a different name, it is a season 2 on the same page. As for general rouge, it is a special case. With the exception of Dr. Kohei and Dr. Shiratori, the entire cast changed. In this case, I'll follow Japanese wikipedia's lead. If they has it as a sequel, we are also sequel. If they dedicate another page for them, we dedicate another page too. Hopefully, I've clarified the issue for you. If not, let me know. --WaterOB 00:03, 18 June 2011 (UTC)
- Thank you for your message. Yes I am fully aware of that. What I do is I actually watch the episodes then write down the guests/their roles so I have a complete credited guests list. And I was planning on watching episode 2 today, and since episode 1 and 2 are connected to each other, I was going to wait and see if they appear in the second episode so I don't have to go back and change it right the next day. Prevents the multiple saves I have to make. --iwaseJEN
- As long as you are fully aware. As such most never get done and are hard to track if not done on the same date of the edit --YT 07:55, 24 August 2011 (UTC)