- Title: 忠臣蔵 1/47
- Title (romaji): Chuushingura 1/47
- Episodes: 3
- Broadcast network: Fuji TV
- Broadcast period: 2001-Dec-28
A story based on the popular kabuki drama. In 1701, Asano Naganori, attacked Lord Kira Kozenosuke with his sword in the Edo Castle after Lord Kira had taunted the young, usually mild mannered Asano. Although Lord Kira's wound was superficial, Asano was ordered by the Shogun to commit seppuku - suicide. Lord Kira, an important retainer of the imperial household, did not receive any reprimand. Asano's land and all the possessions of his family were confiscated.
Thus all this former retainers became Ronin (samurais with no lord).
In 1702, the 46 Ako Ronin (one was already dead) lead by Oishi Kuranosuke (Asano's chief adviser) came back to revenge on their fallen lord against Lord Kira and were victorious.
The 46 Ronin were ordered to commit seppuku later by the Tokugawa Shogunate.
- Kimura Takuya as Hirobe Yasubei
- Okada Junichi as Oishi Chikara
- Fakatsu Eri as Horibe Hori
- Sato Koichi as Oishi Kuranosuke
- Matsuyuki Yasuko as Fujimi
- Tsumabuki Satoshi as Takada Gunbe
- Tsutsumi Shinichi as Asano Takumi-no-kami Nagonori
- Matsu Takako as Aguri (Yozeii)
- Kobayashi Satomi as Oishi Riku
- Osugi Ren as Yanagisawa Yoshiyasu
- Watabiki Katsuhiko as Kobayashi Heihachiro
- Kaneda Akio as Ono Kurobe
- Kouyama Shigeru as Kanno Rokurozaemon
- Ikeuchi Hiroyuki as Shimizu Ichigaku
- Atarashi Katsutoshi as Hara Soemon
- Harada Ryuji as Kataoka Gengoemon
- Arai Yasutoshi as Maebara Isuke
- Kawabata Ryuta as Takebayashi Tadashichi
- Sugiura Naoki as Horibe Yahe
- Tsugawa Masahiko as Kira Kozukenosuke
- Washio Machiko
- Screenwriter: Inoue Yumiko
- Producer: Yamaguchi Masatoshi, Hobara Kenichiro, Nishioka Yoshinobu, Sakai Minoru
- Director: Kawake Shunsaku
- Music: Hattori Takayuki
- The most watched TV drama of the holiday season.