- Title: ドラゴン桜
- Title (romaji): Dragon Zakura
- Format: Renzoku
- Genre: School, drama and comedy
- Broadcast network: TBS
- Related TV show: God of Study (KBS2, 2010), Angel Bank (TV Asahi, 2010)
- Episodes: 11
- Viewership ratings: 16.41%
- Broadcast period: 2005-Jul-08 to 2005-Sep-16
- Air time: Friday 22:00
- Theme songs:
Sakuragi Kenji is a destitute lawyer and one-time member of a motorcyle gang trying to guide failing high school students with an average score of 36 into Japan's most prestigious educational institution, Tokyo University (Toudai).
"If you want to change your life, get into Toudai!"
For no other reason than Sakuragi's personal ambition, he has advertised his intention to produce 5 successful Toudai applicants from the students of a nearly bankrupt failure of a school.
"If you want to change your life, get into Toudai!" He will get them from this lowest of all schools into Japan's number one!!
Our protagonist, Sakuragi Kenji, played by Abe Hiroshi in his first role as a high school teacher, is a must see in this summer's new show. This third rate lawyer soon becomes the homeroom teacher for the special advanced class aiming for Toudai University entrance. Hasegawa Kyouko costars as english teacher and Sakuragi's opponent, and Yamashita Tomohisa from NEWS and Nagasawa Masami also appear in the role of students. This awaited original work and fascinating world view is brought to you from the popular serialized comic in Shuukan Morning (Kodansha) and has even been updated!
In addition to revealing essential test taking techniques for everyone who wants to know how to get into Toudai, Dragon Zakura will also teach the essentials of living one's life.
Supporting Casts / Guests
- Yazawa Shin as Yamamoto Nozomi (Mamako's friend)
- Murakami Hiroki (村上大樹) as Tanaka Yoshio
- Karahashi Mitsuru as Sawamatsu Yasushi
- Onodera Akira as Atty. Okabe (Sakuragi's friend)
- Hirota Masahiro as a Shuumeikan Student
- Ishii Kenichi as Saito (the customer of Naomi's mother)
- Gunji Ayano (郡司 あやの) as Abe Saori
- Hori Akari as Toda Asumi (Maki's friend)
- Hashizume Ryo as Kuriyama Shota
- Katsura Asami as Sakuma Miyu
- Ojima Naoya as the base player of Ogata's band
- Kitamura Eiki as a student of Todai
- Mino Monta (みのもんた)
- Original writing: Manga Dragon Zakura by Mita Norifusa
- Screenwriter: Hata Takehiko
- Producer: Toda Koichi, Shimizu Mayumi
- Director: Tsukamoto Renpei, Karaki Akihiro, Komatsu Takashi
- Music: Nakanishi Kyo
- Narrator: Kobayashi Kiyoshi (小林清志)
|01||Fools and ugly girls, head for Tokyo University!||17.5%|
|02||Know your own weaknesses!||16.5%|
|03||Play! Taking an exam is like a sport!||13.8%|
|04||Don't stop until you hit the wall||16.1%|
|05||Don't cry! It's your life!||16.8%|
|06||English Showdown! Fight for Six Fools||17.9%|
|07||Vengeance! The Tokyo University Mock Exam!||15.6%|
|08||Tears of Fools... Extracurricular activities for summer vacation||17.0%|
|09||Believe! Your results will surely improve||14.5%|
|10||Friendship or the exam? Final decision||14.5%|
|11||You're not fools anymore! The fateful announcement of the results||20.3%|
Source: Video Research, Ltd.
- Episodes: TBD
- Broadcast period: 2021-???-?? to 2021-???-??
- Air time: Sunday 21:00
- Abe Hiroshi as Sakuragi Kenji
- Original writing: Manga Dragon Zakura 2 by Mita Norifusa
- Chief Producer: Iyoda Hidenori
- Producer: Iida Kazutaka
|Autumn 2020||TBS||Spring 2021|
|Kiken na Venus||Season 2||TBA|