- Name: 高以翔 / Gao Yi Xiang
- English name: Godfrey Gao
- Real name: 曹志翔 / Cao Zhi Xiang
- Profession: Actor and model
- Birthdate: 1984-Sep-22
- Date of death: 2019-Nov-27 (aged 35)
- Birthplace: Taipei, Taiwan
- Height: 195cm
- Weight: 88kg
- Star sign: Virgo
- Chinese zodiac: Rat
- Blood type: O
About Godfrey Gao
Godfrey Gao, born Cao Zhi Xiang, was born in Taipei, Taiwan. His family moved out to Vancouver, Canada when he was only nine years old where he grew up. Godfrey studied at the Capilano University in Vancouver, after graduating from college, he returned to Taiwan and planned to become a professional basketball player. He, however, became a model and made a number of advertising works and magazine photos, which opened his way to a performing career. Godfrey's grandfather is a landlord near Dihua Street in Taipei. His father is a Michelin company agent who has retired for many years. His mother is a full-time housewife for her family. Godfrey is the third child at home and he has two older brothers. The second brother Gao Yuqiao is three years older than him and is also a model.
In 2006, he starred in the idol drama "The Magicians of Love" starring Ming Dao, Joanne Tseng and Sam Wang. This was his first TV drama, which officially entered him in the entertainment industry. In the same year, with Lee Wei and Chen Yi Rong, he co-starred in the idol drama "The Kid from Heaven", and received attention for his acting as an English speaking gentleman. Then, he starred in the youth idol drama "Love Queen” directed by Ming Jincheng where he plays the role of the captain of the hockey team Wang Zhengxun.
In 2007, he co-starred with Yang Ming Wei, Chen De Lie, Ivy Chen, Chloe Wang and Li Yi in "I Want to Become a Hard Persimmon". In the same year, he worked with Mike He, Hebe Tien and Lee Wei in the drama "Bull Fighting", where he had a support role as a Bluefield College student nicknamed Tank. In 2008, he appeared in the love comedy film "All About Women" directed by Tsui Hark and played X-man in the film. This was his first film work, which officially entered him in the film industry. In 2009, he co-starred with Cyndi Wang and Jiro Wang in the idol drama "Momo Love". In the drama, he played the heroine's fourth brother Chen He. In 2010, he co-starred with Annie Chen, Lan Jun Tian and Cindy Song in the idol drama "Volleyball Lover". In the same year, he dubbed Ken in the animated film "Toy Story 3". In 2011, he co-starred with Chen Zhi Kai, Alice Tseng and Maggie Wu in the idol drama "Odd Perfect Match". In 2012, he co-starred with Chen Qiao En, Zhang Han and Zhang Meng in the idol drama "The Queen of SOP".
In 2013, he starred in the romance movie "Say Yes!", directed by Taiwanese director Leste Chen co-starring Lin Zhiling, Huang Wei and Qin Haizhen The film was released in China during Valentine's Day in 2013 and won more than 200 million yuan at the box office, setting a box office record for the Valentine's Day love film in the mainland film market. In the same year, Godfrey along with Li Xue Qing and Li Xin Ru starred in the urban emotional drama "Gorgeous"; and cooperated with Yin Hang, Wang Yangming and Yan Kai to star in the drama "Never Give Up Dodo", where he played the handsome and confident male lead Xu Fei. In August of the same year, he played the mysterious Oriental Magnus Bane in the fantasy movie "The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones". It was released in the United States, which was his first entry to Hollywood.
In 2014, he co-starred with Ming Dao, Li Qin and Hu Bing, in the idol drama "If I Love You", and played the artist Yan Jun. In the same year, he appeared in the romantic comedy micro movie "Wedding Bible" directed by Xu Renmao. In the role of the leading actor Yu Kai, the film tells the story of the relationship between two pairs of young men and women living in Shanghai.
In 2016, he co-starred with Wang Shuilin and Fan Tiantian in the campus love comedy movie "Min & Max", playing the leading role Zhang Wei. He then cooperatedwith Marbury, Zheng Xiuzhen and Wu Zun and starred in the inspirational movie "My Other Home". He also co-starred with Lin Geng Xin, Im Yoon Ah and Kim Jung Hoon in the historical drama "God of War, Zhao Yun ". He played the martial arts expert Lu Bu, and this was his very first costume drama.
- We Are All Alone (iQiyi, 2020) as Mu Yebai
- The Gravity of a Rainbow (QQ, 2019) as Ji Huang
- Remembering Lichuan (Anhui TV, 2016) as Wang Lichuan
- God of War, Zhao Yun (Hunan TV, 2016) as Lu Bu
- If I Love You (Hunan TV, 2014) as Yan Jun
- Never Give Up Dodo (Sohu, 2013) as Xu Fei
- Gorgeous (Hunan TV, 2013) as Li Zhen
- The Queen of SOP (Hunan TV, 2012) as Gao Ziqi
- Odd Perfect Match (CTV, 2011) as Ying Kaitai
- Volleyball Lover (CTS, 2010) as Bai Qianrui
- Momo Love (CTV, 2009) as Chen He
- Bull Fighting (TTV, 2007) as Tank
- I Want to Become a Hard Persimmon (CTS, 2007) as Luo Xinhu
- Love Queen (CTS, 2006) as Wang Zhengxun
- Chao Ji Pai Dang Super (CTS, 2006)
- The Kid from Heaven (CTS, 2006) as Luo Yixiang
- The Magicians of Love (TTV, 2006) as Xiao Ling's boyfriend Guest Role
- Lost in Russia (2020) as Michael Guest Role
- Saturday Fiction (2019)
- Shanghai Fortress (2019) as Yang Jiannan
- Legend of the Ancient Sword (2018) as Xia Yize
- The Jade Pendant (2017) as Tom
- Love is a Broadway Hit (2017) as Song Weidong
- My Other Home (2017) as Yang Xiya
- Min & Max (2016) as Zhang Xiao
- Wedding Bible (2015, post-production) as Chi Kai
- The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones (2013) as Magnus Bane
- Say Yes! (2013) as Xu Zhuo
- All About Women (2008) as X
- Education: Capilano University
- Godfrey Gao died of a heart attack while on a Chinese reality game show.