Lee Min Ho (1987)
- Name: 이민호 / Lee Min Ho
- Japanese Name: イ・ミンホ / I minho
- Nickname: "Honey Eyes" (kkulnunbit) and "Honey Young Boy" (kkuldongja)
- Profession: Actor, singer and model
- Birthdate: 1987-Jun-22 (age 31)
- Birthplace: Seoul, South Korea
- Height: 187cm
- Weight: 71kg
- Star sign: Cancer
- Chinese zodiac: Rabbit
- Blood type: A
- Family: Father, mother and older sister Lee Yong Jung MYM Entertainment CEO.
- Talent agency: MYM Entertainment (South Korea), IMX Inc (Japan) and "HY" Huayi Brothers (China)
About Lee Min Ho
Lee Min Ho was born in Heukseok-dong, Dongjak-Gu, Seoul, South Korea on June 22, 1987. In his youth, he had aspired to be a soccer player and dedicated himself fully to the sport in elementary school. A fifth-grade primary school injury prevented him from making that dream a reality.
He then started to be interested in pursuing another dream of his, acting. In his last year of high school he signed with Starhaus Entertainment, in part through the help of a friend. He was trained by the agency for two years and then started auditioning for a series of small roles in television series. He thus began to gain traction in the industry.
- DMZ, The Wild (MBC, 2017)
- Seven First Kisses (Naver TV Cast, 2016)
- Legend of the Blue Sea (SBS, 2016)
- Summer Love (Web drama, 2015)
- Line Romance (iQiyi, 2014)
- Heirs (SBS, 2013)
- Faith (SBS, 2012)
- Innisfree First Love (Web drama, 2012)
- City Hunter (SBS, 2011)
- Toyota Camry The One and Only (Web drama, 2011-2012)
- Personal Preference (MBC, 2010)
- Boys Before Flowers (KBS2, 2009)
- Get Up (MBC, 2008)
- I'm Sam (KBS2, 2007)
- Mackerel Run (SBS, 2007)
- Secret Campus (EBS, 2006)
- Love Hymn (MBC, 2005)
- Nonstop 5 (MBC, 2004)
- Sharp 1 (KBS2, 2003)
- Romance (MBC, 2002)
TV Show Theme Songs
- Bounty Hunters (2015)
- The Doolittle Raid (2015)
- Love at First Thread (2014)
- Gangnam Blues (2014)
- Friendship (2008)
- Our School E.T (2008)
- Public Enemy Returns (2008)
- Humming (2007)
- Arang (2006)
- Ghost Lives (2004)
- Repechage (1997)
Music Video Appearances
- "Kiss" - Sandara Park (2009)
- Honorary Ambassador for UNICEF's Love Net campaign to fight malaria (2009–2010)
- PR Ambassador for Konkuk University (2010)
- Honorary Prosecutor or basically a PR ambassador for Korean Prosecutor (2012)
- PR ambassador for the Chilean campaign "Reforestemos Patagonia" organized by Minoz Chile (2013)
- Public Ambassador for 'Korean Tourism Campaign', also known as 'The Face of Korean Tourism' (July 28, 2015)
- Honorary Ambassador for the "2018 Pyeongchang Winter Olympics" (September 25, 2015)
- PR Ambassador for Visit Korea Year 2016–2018 (November 7, 2015)
2016 SBS Drama Awards:
- Top Excellence Award for Genre & Fantasy Drama (Legend of the Blue Sea)
- Top 10 Stars Award (Legend of the Blue Sea)
- Best Couple Award with Jun Ji Hyun (Legend of the Blue Sea)
2016 1st Weibo Movie Award 2016:
2016 Beijing LeEco Night:
- Most Popular Asian Idol Award
2016 Lotte Duty Free Awards:
- 2015 Best Model Awards
2016 Korea Good Brand Awards:
2015 Korean Tourism Awards:
- The STAR of Korean Tourism 2015
2015 36th Blue Dragon Film Awards:
- Popularity Award (Gangnam Blues)
2015 52nd Grand Bell Awards / Daejong Film Awards:
- Best New Actor (Gangnam Blues)
2015 19th Bucheon International Fantastic Film Festival Awards:
- Producer Choice Award
2015 Korea SNS Industry Grand Award:
- President Award of National Information Society Agency
2015 10th Seoul International Drama Awards:
- 10th Anniversary Hallyu Achievement Award
- Mango TV Popularity Award
2015 51st Baeksang Arts Awards:
- Most Popular Actor (Film) (Gangnam Blues)
- Most Popular Hallyu Star/IQiyi Star Award
2014 5th Korean Popular Culture & Arts Awards:
- Prime Minister Award
2014 Singapore Entertainment Awards:
- Most Popular Korean TV Artiste
2014 2nd DramaFever Awards:
2013 SBS Drama Awards:
- Top Excellence Award for Mid-Length Drama, Actor (The Heirs)
- Top 10 Stars Award (The Heirs)
- Best Couple Award with Park Shin Hye (The Heirs)
- Netizen Popularity Award (The Heirs)
- Best Dressed Award (The Heirs)
2013 Baidu Feidian Awards:
- Best Asian Actor (The Heirs)
2013 Sohu Media Awards:
- Most Popular International Actor
2013 1st DramaFever Awards:
2013 12th China Fashion Awards:
- Most Popular Asian Actor
2012 SBS Drama Awards:
2011 4th Korea Drama Awards:
2011 SBS Drama Awards:
- Top Excellence Award for Drama Special, Actor (City Hunter)
- Top Ten Stars Award (City Hunter)
- Netizen Popularity Award (City Hunter)
2010 MBC Drama Awards:
- Excellence Award - Actor (Personal Preference)
2010 4th Mnet 20's Choice Awards:
- Hot Actor (Personal Preference)
2009 KBS Drama Awards:
2009 45th Baeksang Arts Awards:
- Best New Actor Award (Boys Before Flowers)
2009 ASAP Pop Viewers' Choice Awards:
- POP Kapamilya TV Character "(Gu Jun-pyo)" (Boys Before Flowers)
2009 MTN Broadcast Advertisement Festival:
- Most Popular Advertisement Model (Trugen Commercial)
- Education: Konkuk University (Bachelor's degree in Film & Arts)
- Religion: Christian (Roman Catholic)
- Hobbies: Watching movies, playing videogames and spending time doing all sot of recreational sports.
- He is considered part of the second generation of male Hallyu movie and TV stars along with Kim Soo Hyun, Lee Jong Suk and Kim Woo Bin.
- He has also been nicknamed by fans "Chemi-Shin" short for "Chemistry god" because of his good chemistry with his co-stars.
- His evergrowing club of fans called themselves "Minoz".
- It was rumored that he dated in secret former Boys Before Flowers co-star Koo Hye Sun.
- He also dated City Hunter's former co-star Park Min Young.
- He dated Bae Suzy since the beginning of 2015 until november of 2017.
- He has stated in several interviews that he is interested in dating an older woman.
- He can't swim.
- He cringe each time he has to act and deliver cheesy lines in romantic comedy dramas, he actually prefers more manlier roles.
- He's extremely clumsy.
- At the beginning of his career, his stage name was "Lee Min" because his agency thought his birth name was too inadequate. However, as his stage name was pronounced and spelled in the same way as the Korean word "Imin", which also means immigration, made it very difficult for him to appear in internet search results, as time went by he ended up using his original name again.
- As a child he was always interested in football, he got to the point where he dreamed of being a football player when he grew up. Unfortunately, when he was in the fifth grade of elementary school he had an injury that put an end to that dream, despite everything, he considers soccer his favorite sport and likes to play it from time to time, he has also mentioned in interviews that his favorite soccer player is Cristiano Ronaldo.
- In 2014, he created a web Oppa by the name of PROMIZ to raise awareness and encourage donation for social and humanitarian causes.
- He admits that he agreed to star in Personal Preference only because he wouldn't stop laughing while reading the script.
- He's a very good friend of Park Shin Hye.
- He shares a birthday with CNBLUE's Jung Yong Hwa and actress Oh Yeon Seo.
- He had his first love at age 20 with a campus friend.
- He is not only one of the most recognized stars in Korea but also in the entire world.
- In his 20s he was involved in a car accident that could have cost him his life together with one of his best friends Jung Il Woo, he mentions in an interview that the incident made him reflect and meditate on his perspective on life.
- He doesn't feel comfortable singing, but that hasn't stopped his rabid fanbase from hearing his voice singing in some of the projects he's taken on.
- He is also nicknamed "Oppa long legs" by fans.
- He becomes great friends with Our School E.T co-star Kim Soo Ro during the course of filming the movie.
- He filmed a sex scene with Gangnam Blues co-star Kim Ji Soo but the scene ended up in the cutting room floor because director-screenwriter Yoo Ha considered the scene unnecessary to the flow of the film.
- His biggest inspiration is his mom.
- He has stated in a recent interview that he would do anything for love.
- He's always active on the internet, he likes to play a lot of online games.
- He used to carry a perfume in his bag because he always wanted to be the fragrant guy.
- He has received many offers to appear in Hollywood film productions, but he doesn't consider himself mature enough to take that challenge yet.