- Title: 武动乾坤 / Wu Dong Qian Kun
- Genre: Mythology, martial arts, romance, fantasy
- Episodes: 60
- Broadcast network: Dragon TV
- Broadcast period: 2018-Aug-07 to 2018-Sep-19
- Air time: Tuesday to Thursday 22:00
Lin Dong (Yang Yang), a child from a small village isn't favored by his clan. By chance, Lin Dong obtains a mysterious artifact that is coveted by many clans in the martial world. Because of this artifact, Lin Dong is approached by many people of different clans and is forcibly involved in various events of the martial universe.
- Main Cast
- Yang Yang as Lin Dong
- Zhang Tian Ai as Ying Huanhuan
- Wu Chun as Lin Langtian
- Wang Li Kun as Ling Qingzhu
- Shi Xiao Long as Lin Yan
- Liu Yan as Mu Qianqian
- Yang Hao Yu (杨皓宇) as Master Yan
- Suo Xiao Kun (索笑坤) as Lin Diao
- Ning Xiao Hua as Liu Dian Wang
- Tse Kwan Ho as Lin Xiao
- Dong Qing as Lin Qingtan
- Wei Wei as Yuan Chang
- Liu Bo (刘波) as Xia Wan Jin
- Feng Jun Xi as Mo Ling
- Li Xin Liang as Teng Lei
- Siqin Gaowa (斯琴高娃) as Xuan Su
- Guest Appearance
- Original writing (novel): 武动乾坤 Wu Dong Qian Kun by Tianchan Tudou (天蚕土豆)
- Producer: Zhang Wei (张维)
- Director: Zhang Li
- Filming took place in Xiang Shan, Taipei.
- Martial Universe took up 60,000 square meters of Xiang Shan's 200,000 square meters of land.
- There were initial troubles over casting. Jin Chen was rumored to be casted as the second lead Ying Huan Huan. There is even a promotional photo of her as Ying Huan Huan circulating online. However, it was later announced that leading lady Zhang Tian Ai will be playing the role of Ying Huanhuan instead. Although Jin Chen didn't mention any names, she wrote a post on weibo saying good riddance.
- Director Zhang Li admitted that after meeting Zhang Tian Ai, he finds that she is the only choice for Ying Huan Huan.
- It was later announced that Wang Li Kun will be playing the second lead in the drama as Ling Qingzhu. In the novel, Ling Qingzhu is the main character.
- It is Yang Yang and Zhang Tian Ai's second time working together since they worked on the movie I Belonged to You. They weren't playing a couple at the time.
- Martial Universe which began filming in November 2016 did not wrap until after a year later. This is because the show was delayed due to Yang Yang's ear injury. Even though he never complained, the Director felt that Yang Yang needed time to recover from his surgery. Yang Yang also sustained many injuries prior to that. Filming resumed in September 2017.
- It is Wu Chun's comeback drama and his first historical drama.
- Liu Yan who worked with Director Zhang Li on the drama Marshall Junior reunites with him for the second time.
- It is the first time that web novel author Tian Chan Tudou's drama is being adapted into a drama though many of his other novels have also gotten their respective drama adaptations since then.
- The drama relies heavily on CGI and has many scenes where the actors had to act opposite things that weren't there. As such, the cast came to the set a month earlier to get used to the process.
- There were 1,060 members of the crew. Off location filming took place in Xinjiang, Inner Mongolia, Yunnan and many other locations.
- Shi Xiao Long said that his character Lin Yan's simple and honest nature is similar to him in some ways.
- Translated from the novel, "With a despairing father, a heartbroken grandfather, and a suffering family, ever since that fateful day, Lin Dong has been driven by a deep purpose; to take revenge on the man who had taken everything and more from his family. Armed with nothing but willpower and determination, join Lin Dong as he unknowingly discovers a destiny greater than he could ever hope to imagine when he stumbles upon a mysterious stone talisman…" (Source: DramaPanda)
- Despite low ratings on TV, Martial Universe did much better online to reach 100 million views 12 hours after it was released.
- Season 1 ended with over 3.1 billion views on Youku. Although online views were far from spectacular and word of mouth was mostly negative, Yang Yang consistently ranked within the top 1 and 2 based on celebrity rankings. Single-day numbers online reached a high of 200 million views.