Six Flying Dragons
- Title: 육룡이 나르샤 / Yukryongi Nareushya
- Also known as: Roots of the Throne
- Tagline: Struggle of power and justice, we will create a new country.
- Genre: Historical, politics, action
- Episodes: 50
- Broadcast network: SBS
- Broadcast period: 2015-Oct-05 to 2016-Mar-22
- Air time: Monday & Tuesday 22:00
- Original Soundtrack: Six Flying Dragons OST
- Related TV Shows: Queen Seon Deok (MBC, 2009), Tree With Deep Roots (SBS, 2011)
Set in the waning days of the Goryeo Dynasty, this drama depicts the lives and aspirations of six characters in establishing a new country called Joseon, with Lee Bang Won as the central figure. A fusion of sageuk and fiction, the story follows the conflicts of those 'six flying dragons' with the entrenched powers set against them, as they attempt to realize the dream they all share of a new nation founded on Confucian principles, which would eventually last for 500 years.
- Yoo Ah In as Lee Bang Won, later King Taejong
- Nam Da Reum as young Bang Won
- Kim Myung Min as Sambong Jung Do Jun
- Shin Se Kyung as Boon Yi (Ddang Sae's sister)
- Byun Yo Han as Ddang Sae, later Lee Bang Ji (Jung Do Jun's bodyguard)
- Yoon Chan Young as young Ddang Sae
- Yoon Kyun Sang as Moo Hyul, later King Sejong's bodyguard
- Baek Seung Hwan as young Moo Hyul
- Chun Ho Jin as Lee Sung Gye, later King Taejo
Goryeo Officials in Dodang
- Production Company: Redwoods
- Chief Producer: Han Jung Hwan
- Executive Producers: Lee Jae Won, Yoon Shin Ae
- Producers: Lee Young Joon, Song Min Suk, Lee Hee Soo
- Directors: Shin Kyung Soo, Lee Jung Heum
- Assistant Directors: Jung Dong Yoon, Go Eun Ho, Gil So Jin
- Action Director: Kang Hyung Mook
- Music Director: Kim Soo Jin
- Screenwriters: Kim Young Hyun, Park Sang Yun
- 2016 23rd Grimae Awards
- Rookie Actor Award (Yoon Kyun Sang)
- 2016 9th Tokyo Drama Awards
- Special Award for Foreign Dramas
- 2016 5th APAN Star Awards
- Best Actress in a Serial Drama - Excellence Award (Jung Yoo Mi)
- 2016 11th Seoul International Drama Awards
- Best Series Drama (Golden Bird Prize)
- 2016 43rd Korean Broadcasting Grand Prize Awards
- Best Feature-Length Drama
- 2016 52nd Baeksang Arts Awards
- TV Category - Best Actor (Yoo Ah In)
- 2015 SBS Drama Awards
- Top Excellence, Serial Drama - Actor (Yoo Ah In)
- Excellence, Serial Drama - Actor (Byun Yo Han)
- Excellence, Serial Drama - Actress (Shin Se Kyung)
- Special Acting Award, Serial Drama - Actor (Park Hyuk Kwon)
- Ten Stars Award (Yoo Ah In, Shin Se Kyung)
- Best Couple Award (Yoo Ah In & Shin Se Kyung)
- New Star Award (Gong Seung Yun, Byun Yo Han, Yoon Kyun Sang)
- 2015 4th APAN Star Awards
- Best Child Actor (Nam Da Reum)
- Yoo Ah In and Shin Se Kyung previously starred together in the 2012 SBS drama, Fashion King.
- The title of the drama was taken from the poem Yongbieocheonga, the first work written in Hangul.
- The Korean title of the series is in Old Korean, nareushya is a pure Korean word, which means nara oreuda (날아 오르다) or "soar up to the sky" in modern Korean.
- This drama was specially aired on SBS for the broadcast channel's 25th anniversary year and spent around 300 million won on its production.
- According to writers, this drama is a prequel to Tree With Deep Roots and a sequel to Queen Seon Deok.
- Last day of filming was on 21st March 2016.
- Official site
- Daum Movie site
- English Wikipedia
- Official Japanese DVD boxset site
- News articles: (1), (2), (3), (4)