The Mystic Nine
- Title: 老九门 / Lao Jiu Men
- English title: The Mystic Nine
- Genre: Mystery, war, action, suspense
- Episodes: 48
- Viewership ratings: Peak = 1.213%, Average = 0.580% 
- Broadcast network: Dragon TV, iQiyi
- Broadcast period: 2016-Jul-04 to 2016-Oct-17
- Air time: Monday to Tuesday
- Original soundtrack: The Mystic Nine OST
- Related TV series: see Dao Mu Bi Ji
The drama is a prequel to The Lost Tomb in which the story focuses on the exploits of the nine grave robbing families in the 1933. With the help of his friends Fortune Teller Qi Tiezhui and Opera Singer Er Yuehong, General Zhang Qishan entered into a strange mine to discover a mysterious ancient tomb. After many untold dangers, he uncovered a Japanese plot to kill the residents of Changsha city. The men banded together to stop the Japanese's plot, thereby saving their city.
- Main Cast
- The leader and 1st master of the Mystic Nine and a defense commander for the city of Changsha. He was known by everyone as Lord Buddha, the grandson of Zhang Ruitong (the previous generation Zhang Qiling). He has a strong military influence and the people's trust.
- The 2nd master of the Mystic Nine. An expert at tomb raiding due to his family background, but chooses to become an opera singer due to his passion. He specializes in metal pellets and martial arts. He loves his wife, Ya Tou.
- Zhao Li Ying as Yin Xinyue
- The mistress of New Moon Hotel. Zhang Qishan's love interest and later wife.
- The 8th master of the Mystic Nine. Saved by Zhang Qishan after he was captured by the Japanese bandits. He specializes in fortune-telling and divination.
- Er Yuehong's childhood lover and wife, who saved her from being sold as a slave then they got married. She has a mysterious sickness that Yuehong tries to desperately cure.
- The 4th master of the Mystic Nine who is known for his cruel ways. He specializes in metal pellets and the flying guillotine. He is the disciple of Er Yuehong and works at his residence. He likes Ya Tou.
- The Mystic Nine
- The only female member and 7th master of the Mystic Nine. Huo Xiu Xiu's grandmother. She specializes in seduction and carries blades behind her hair. She loves Er Yuehong. She used to love Wu Lao Gou, but he was married to Jiuye's cousin. However, she harbors a hate towards Zhang Qishan which causes her to work with the Japanese to get rid of him.
- Li Zong Han as Hei Bei Lao Liu
- The 6th master of the Mystic Nine. Only one among the nine families who has a thug origin. A low-key person, he was once a 'swordsman' in Shaanxi". Has a deep relationship with Wu Lao Gou.
- Zhang Lu Yi as Wu Lao Gou
- The 5th master of the Mystic Nine. Wu Xie's grandfather. He owns hellhounds that are vicious and scary. He is generous, kind, and loved to make friends. He is married to Jie Jiuye's cousin and has three sons: Wu Yiqiong, Wu Erbai, and Wu Sansheng.
- Yang Zi Jiang as Xie Jiuye
- The 9th master of the Mystic Nine. Xie Lianhua's father and Xie Yuchen's grandfather. Zhang Qishan and Er Yuehong's good friend. He specializes in strategizing, and has connections with Japanese Departments and Trade networks. He also has knowledge in medicine.
- Li Nai Wen as Banjie Li
- The 3rd master of the Mystic Nine.
- People trapped in the mines
- Zhang Chun Zhong as mysterious old man
- One of the only survivors after the Japanese invasion. He was protected by Er Yuehong's great uncle when working at the mines. He was trapped in the mines for a long time, awaiting to send a message to Er Yuehong.
- Zhang Ming Jun (张铭俊) as Xiao Sanzi
- Tang Yong Nan as Si'er
- Mao Yi Wen as Liu'er
- Gong Si Le as Lao Shiba
- Zuo Xiao Long as Da Long
- Xue Wen Hua (薛文华) as Old Worker
- Chen Ze Jia (陈泽嘉) as Young Worker
- People in Bai Qiao & Hei Zu Village
- Peng Xiao Ran as Shi Huaichan
- Li Bao Er as Bai Qiao Fatty
- Kuang Can as Hei Zu Zhang Lao
- Wang Jun as Leader of the Han
- Marco Li as Hei Shi, Leader of Hei Zu Village
- Nan Pai San Shu as Village doctor
- Zhang Ming En as Lieutenant Zhang Rishan, Zhang Qishan's right-hand man
- Wang Chuang as Lu Jianxun, Zhang Qishan's political opponent
- Li Rui Chao as Beile Ye, the descendant of the former emperor of Qing dynasty imperial family.
- Stokes Andrew Charles as Cox Hendry / Qiu Dekao (voiced by Shang Hong), a mysterious man that has a lot of knowledge about the Mystic Nine.
- Jia Jiang Feng (贾江峰) as Lieutenant Lu, Lu Jianxun's right-hand man who does all of his dirty work
- Wang Guan as Peng Sanbian, Yin Xinyue's fiance
- Huang Zi Xi as Mo Ce, Yin Xinyue's cousin. A doctor who studies in Western medicine, also works at Changsha city hospital
- Zhou Xiao Fei as Ryoko Tanaka, a Japanese Soldier that works for at the American Commerce with Cox Hendry
- Wu Li as Tao Hua, Er Yuehong's house maid
- Wang Xiao Yi as Xiao Kui, Zhang Qishan's house maid
- Ren Wan Jing as Er Kui, Zhang Qishan's house maid
- Dai Qi Hua as listening maid, Yin Xinyue's right-hand woman in the Hotel. She has the unique gift to listen to all conversations in the building
- Zou Ting Wei as Hiroshi Hatoyama
- Zhou Pei Xuan (周佩萱) as Auction host
- Zheng Guo Lin as Master Jiu
- Wang Bin as Muto Ichiro
- Howie Huang as Zhang Qishan's father
- Huang Tian Qi as Zhang Family Youth
- Yang Qing Shu as Cui Cui
- Tong Xiao Mei as Chen Pi's grandmother
- Cheng Da Chun (程大春) as former 4th master of the Mystic Nine
- Jin Mei Ling and Jin Qing Ling as Shuang Shanghua, two beautiful twins that have the ability to lure and seduce men for their riches.
- He Zhong Hua as train station manager
- Lu Xing Yu as Photographer
- Su Mao as Yin Dabo, Yin Xinyue's uncle
- He Jia Yi as Aunt Huo
- Shen Xue Wei as Priest Bai Qiao
- Shi Xuan Ru as Xiao Hong, a woman who works at the Changsha city tavern
- Yang Xue as Xiao Meng, a woman who works at the Changsha city tavern, along with Xiao Hong
- Zhang Shuo as Hao Shen
- Original writing (novel): Lao Jiu Men (老九门) by Nan Pai San Shu
- Director: Liang Sheng Quan, He Shu Pei, Huang Jun Wen
- Screenwriter: Zhang Yuan Ang, Nan Pai San Shu, Tang Qi Cen
- Producer: Zhang Yu Xin, Lin Guo Hua, Bai Yi Cong, Li Li Ying, Nan Pai San Shu
- Company: Ciwen Media, NP Entertainment
- 2017 2nd China Quality Television Drama Ceremony: Weekly Broadcast Drama of the Year
- 2017 22nd Huading Awards: Top 10 Dramas
- 2017 Weibo Movie Night Awards: Most Influential Web Movie (The Mystic Nine Side Story: Flowers Bloom in February)
- 2017 2nd Asia New Media Film Festival: Most Popular Actress (Web film) - Wang Mei Ren
- 2016 3rd Hengdian Film and TV Festival of China:
- 2016 6th iQiyi All-Star Carnival:
- The drama is a commercial success in China. It is one of the most watched Chinese dramas, with over 12 billion views in total.
- The series placed first in television ratings and became the number one most searched and discussed topic online during its broadcast. The drama also set a record for the most online views garnered in a day.
- Filming took place in Hengdian World Studios. The tombstone scenes were filmed in various parts of China such as Tiantai Mountain, Jietou Town and Hanshanhu at Tiantai County and Yongkang, Zhejiang province and in Manchuria.
- Filming lasted 104 days from November 24, 2015 to March 7, 2016.
- Nan Pai San Shu, who is the author of the source novel was heavily involved in the making of the drama as a producer and screenwriter.
- Zhang Yi Xing had special lessons from a famous Chinese opera singer for the sake of his role as Er Yue Hong.
- Following the series, a wax figure of William Chan was added to Madame Tussauds Shanghai in April 2017. Another wax figure of Zhang Yi Xing was added to Madame Tussauds Shanghai in October 2018.