Asuka e, Soshite Mada Minu Ko e
- Title: 飛鳥へ、そしてまだ見ぬ子へ
- Title (romaji): Asuka e, Soshite Mada Minu Ko e
- Format: Tanpatsu
- Viewership: 14.5%
- Broadcast network: Fuji TV
- Broadcast period: 2005-Oct-10
- Air time: 21:00
- Theme song: Itsumo Dokoka De by Tamaki Koji
Spring 2005, Okinawa. It's the wedding of Sawamura Seiji's second daughter, Seiko (Fujisawa Ema). Miwa (Harada Mieko), her mother, is watching over her beloved daughter with a smiling face. The eldest daughter, Asuka (Ito Ayumi), who slipped out of the party to watch the sea alone, is holding preciously a book... This is the diary of a deceased father addressed to his daughters.
1974, Okinawa. Graduated from university, Seiji (Inagaki Goro) is working at Okinawa's central hospital as trainee. While learning by himself American-style medecine, he is working hard to become doctor. Seiji is going out with Miwa (Konno Mahiru), pharmacist and Okinawa-ian beauty. He then marries her. He is living a happy life in Okinawa but his dream is to change Japan's medical system. He then decides to move to Nagano where he hopes one day to establish a new hospital. Miwa is now pregnant and Seiji is still hopefully following his dreams. The birth of Asuka, their first daughter, fulfills Seiji who shows everyday his happiness. However, Seiji is suddenly told that a malignant tumour is visible on his right knee and has to be amputated soon. "I won't be able to work as doctor. I won't be able to protect Miwa and Asuka as father." is worrying Seiji. In order to live, he has to resign himself on the amputation, but... ---Fuji TV
- Inagaki Goro as Sawamura Seiji
- Konno Mahiru as Sawamura Miwa
- Ikuta Toma as Sawamura Kazuya
- Fubuki Jun as Sawamura Sato
- Natsuyagi Isao as Sawamura Shuuzou
- Sato Hitomi as Kajida Sachiko
- Ishida Ayumi as Kajida Takuko
- Yamazaki Shigenori as Doctor Sakuta
- Imai Yoko as Yoko
- Harada Mieko as Sawamura Miwa (in 2005)
- Ito Ayumi as Sawamura Asuka (in 2005)
- Fujisawa Ema as Sawamura Seiko (in 2005)
- Kawata Nozomi
- Original writer: Imura Kazukiyo - "Asuka e, soshite mada minu ko e" (Shodensha)
- Producer: Suzuki Yoshihiro, Goto Hiroyuki
- Director: Nakae Isamu
- Screenwriter: Yoshida Tomoko
- Music by: Yoshimata Ryo
By Le Piaf
"Saint Exupéry wrote that the most precious things were those that aren't visible."
"There are such wonderful things, but nobody enjoy them. They're so obvious that we don't smile anymore."
This special drama, aired on October 10, 2005 on Fuji TV, is a TV adaptation of the true story of Imura Kazukiyo. It brings together Inagaki Goro and Konno Mahiru in a drama telling the story a deceased father wrote in a book he offered to his daughters, about the last 5 years of his life before he died of a lung cancer in 1979.
The original book, Asuka e, soshite mada minu ko e, has been published by Shodensha on May 20, 1980, and reedited on July 25, 2005.
-- Le Piaf Jan 30, 2006