Densetsu no Kyoshi
- Title: 伝説の教師
- Title (romaji): Densetsu no Kyoshi
- Also known as: Legendary Teachers/Legend of Teachers
- Format: Renzoku
- Genre: School, Comedy
- Episodes: 11
- Viewership ratings: 18.97
- Broadcast network: NTV
- Broadcast period: 2000-Apr-15 to 2000-Jun-24
- Air time: Saturday 21:00
- Theme song: Seishun by The High Lows
A man who appears to have no particular passion for anything ironically proves effective with troubled high school students. Known as a legendary savior of problem schools, he shows up one day to salvage what's left of a class that had fallen apart completely. His highly unpredictable reactions and controversial advice to students shock the teachers and staffs much as they do the problem students themselves.
- Screenwriter: Ishihara Bull, Fukuda Chizuko (福田千津子), Yoshida Tomoko, Goto Noriko
- Producer: Sato Atsushi, Ikeda Kenji (池田健司)
- Director: Kurata Takaya (倉田貴也), Hasumi Eiichiro (羽住英一郎), Otani Taro, Inomata Ryuichi
Episode Titles & Ratings
- Ep 01: 「出現!! キレる教師」
- Ep 02: 「女子高生拉致監禁!! ベストフレンドの条件」
- Ep 03: 「学級裁判開始!! チカン教師は有罪?無罪?」
- Ep 04: 「イジメのすすめ 死への秒読み始まる!!」
- Ep 05: 「愛のコンドーム!! 恋愛中毒生徒の妊娠!?」
- Ep 06: 「カンニングして何が悪い!? 下着泥棒の秘密」
- Ep 07: 「タダ食い大作戦！学食美人母・涙の献立」
- Ep 08: 「少女の命燃えつきて･･･教師漫才最後の贈物」
- Ep 09: 「恐怖の転校生! 美少年が教師風間を殺す!」
- Ep 10: 「顔のない17才爆破予告!! 2年D組監禁事件」
- Ep 11: 「最後の授業･･･落ちこぼれ無免許教師の秘密が遂に!? 今世紀最後のキャスト登場
- Ep 01: 26.1%
- Ep 02: 20.1%
- Ep 03: 17.4%
- Ep 04: 18.5%
- Ep 05: 18.9%
- Ep 06: 17.6%
- Ep 07: 18.4%
- Ep 08: 15.9%
- Ep 09: 16.9%
- Ep 10: 17.5%
- Ep 11: 21.4%
A hopeless inveterate gambler in debt (Matsumoto Hitoshi) is beaten up by a gangboss (Takenaka Naoto), and forced to work in a highschool as a lead teacher til he pays his debts off. His co-teacher is demoted by the gangboss (secretly) and is played by Nakai Masahiro. Hitoshi and Masahiro have incredible rapport, stunning comedic dialogues, and a brilliant staging during their 11 adventures as they problem solve difficulties in the high school in areas such as: bullying, a mother/son problem, an arrogant girl with no friends, a suicide, and all along Hitoshi is shaken down by the gangboss everytime he receives a paycheck.
Some call it the comic side of GTO.
For Americans it is the equivalent of "Room 222" or "Welcome back Kotter", but with an IQ of 150, not 25. A smart series, with unpredictable incredible plotting, superb comic patter (the comic routines were scripted by Hitoshi/Naoto, and at times improvised).
No script for this on the internet in English, and no translations on any disk available in English, but was available for a time in HK with Chinese subtitles as a bootleg.
Waiting to be made into a film.