- Title: ロングバケーション
- Title (English): Long Vacation
- Genre: Romance
- Episodes: 11
- Viewership rating: 29.1
- Broadcast network: Fuji TV
- Broadcast period: 1996-Apr-15 to 1996-Jun-24
- Air time: Monday 21:00
- Theme song: La La La Love Song by Toshinobu Kubota with Naomi Campbell
Sena is a college graduate who dreams of becoming a world class pianist. He teaches piano at a local piano school. Minami is an out of work model. On her wedding day, she gets dumped by her fiance and loses all of her savings, which she gave to her fiance. Her fiance turns out to be Senna's former roommate. She rushes to Sena's apartment and finds out that her fiance has skipped town. With no money and no where to go, she moves in with Sena.
Sena likes Ryoko, a college sophomore. He likes her a lot, but just doesn't have the courage to ask her out. Momoko is Minami's best friend and is also a model. She provides much of the comedic relief in this show. Shinji is Minami's younger brother who just happens to be better than Senna at piano. He opens a bar/nite club. Rumiko is Shinji's girlfriend. Sasaki-sensei is Sena's professor at college and is always encouraging Sena to perform at the next piano competition.
- Kimura Takuya as Hidetoshi Sena (24)
- Yamaguchi Tomoko as Hayama Minami (31)
- Takenouchi Yutaka as Hayama Shinji
- Inamori Izumi as Koishikawa Momoko
- Matsu Takako as Okusawa Ryoko
- Ryo as Himuro Rumiko
- Hirosue Ryoko as Saito Takako
- Toyohara Kosuke as Sugisaki Tetsuya
- Kobayashi Susumu
- Morimoto Leo as Sasaki
- Tsukayama Masane
- Tate Misato
- Tadano Atsuko
- Ito Yoshinori
- Screenwriter: Kitagawa Eriko
- Producer: Kameyama Chihiro (亀山千広), Sugio Atsuhiro
- Director: Nagayama Kozo, Suzuki Masayuki, Usui Hirotsugu
- Music: CAGNET
|01||1996-Apr-15||What is wrong with you, woman!||30.6|
|03||1996-Apr-29||His pure heart||29.0|
|04||1996-May-06||Rumors about you||27.6|
|05||1996-May-13||Confession of love||27.9|
|11||1996-Jun-24||God's chosen fate||36.7|
Source: Video Research, Ltd.
- 9th Television Drama Academy Awards: Best Drama
- 9th Television Drama Academy Awards: Best Actor (Kimura Takuya)
- 9th Television Drama Academy Awards: Best Actress (Yamaguchi Tomoko)
- 9th Television Drama Academy Awards: Best Supporting Actor (Takenouchi Yutaka)
- 9th Television Drama Academy Awards: Best Supporting Actress (Inamori Izumi)
- 9th Television Drama Academy Awards: Best Newcomer (Matsu Takako)
- 9th Television Drama Academy Awards: Best Outfit (Yamaguchi Tomoko)
- 9th Television Drama Academy Awards: Best Screenwriter (Kitagawa Eriko)
- 9th Television Drama Academy Awards: Best Cast
- 9th Television Drama Academy Awards: Best Opening
- Thousands of men went to take up piano lessons because of this drama.
- The apartment building which Sena lived in became a scenic spot, nicknamed "Sena Mansion".
- While the series was being broadcast on Monday nights nine o’clock, people all stayed home to watch the series, and this phenomenon was called "Monday 9 No Out".
- Since this drama, every series of Kimura Takuya became a big hit and topped the TV ratings.