- Title: 美丘
- Title (romaji): Mioka
- Format: Renzoku
- Genre: Human drama
- Episodes: 10
- Viewership rating: 9.7%
- Broadcast network: NTV
- Broadcast period: 2010-Jul-10 to 2010-Sep-18
- Air time: Saturday 21:00
- Theme song: Hotaru by Fukuyama Masaharu
One day, Taichi, an ordinary university student meets Mioka, a girl who is like a storm. Taichi finds himself drawn to Mioka, who lives freely as she wishes without holding back, and they eventually fall in love. However, Mioka tells Taichi of her shocking truth. She has an incurable brain disease, with no medicine or treatment that can help her.
The progressing disease.
The loss of control over her own body.
The precious memories slowly fading away.
The fear of losing herself.
The limited time she has left.
Even with such a cruel fate, Mioka lives her life to the fullest extent till the end. Taichi, wholeheartedly loving her, decides to become the witness of her very existence in this world. --NTV
- Yoshitaka Yuriko as Minegishi Mioka
- Hayashi Kento as Hashimoto Taichi
- Katsuji Ryo as Kasagi Kunihiko
- Mizusawa Elena as Goto Mari
- Yuki Jutta as Kitamura Yoji
- Nakamura Shizuka as Sasaki Naomi
- Terawaki Yasufumi as Minegishi Hajime (special appearance)
- Maya Miki as Minegishi Kaori
- Sasaki Sumie as Minegishi Shizue
- Kaneda Akio as Hashimoto Ichiro
- Miho Jun as Hashimoto Yoko
- Shimizu Kurumi as Hashimoto Yui
- Tanihara Shosuke as Takanashi Hiroyuki
- Masu Takeshi as Ikegami Yuzo
- Original writing: Novel Mioka by Ishida Ira (石田衣良)
- Screenwriter: Umeda Mika
- Chief Producer: Tanaka Yoshiki
- Producer: Kato Masatoshi, Koizumi Mamoru
- Director: Inomata Ryuichi, Yamashita Manami (山下学美), Sakuma Noriyoshi
- Music: Kanno Yugo
|1||How much longer will I be able to live? Life and love…and family||10.4|
|2||The time left of my life...I love you but I have to say goodbye||08.8|
|3||The tearful promise...I'll always be by your side!||08.0|
|4||The illness worsens...My precious memories are fading away||09.5|
|5||Marriage...Giving birth, the things that I can't do||10.4|
|6||There's no such thing as an unwanted life!||08.9|
|7||A sudden change! I'm slowly losing myself||09.7|
|8||My body won't move...Our last family vacation||10.2|
|9||Despair...Please put an end to my life!||10.6|
Source: Video Research, Ltd.
- The series did not air on Aug 28 because of the NTV's 2010 24Hour Television broadcasting
- Episode 8, which aired on Sep 4th, was pushed back by 30 minutes because of the Kirin Challenge Cup Soccer 2010 broadcasting