- Title: 프로포즈 / Peu-ro-po-jeu
- Episodes: 14
- Broadcast network: KBS2
- Broadcast period: 1997-Jun-09 to 1997-Jul-22
- Air time: Monday & Tuesday 21:50
Kim Yul Hwa (Kim Hee Sun) and Jung Su Bin (Ryu Shi Won) have been best friends since childhood. Yulhwa is a fairly serious-minded woman who works on tv shows as a claymation and puppet animator. Subin is a laid-back PV producer with a nack for getting in trouble with women due to his naivete. They have always been there for each other, though never romantically involved.
Things change when Yulhwa has several accidental encounters and develops strong romantic feelings for Kwon Hyuk Joon, a successful, serious man from a very good family. He has strong feelings for her as well, but is worried that his family will not accept Yulhwa because she has no father.
Subin starts to get strange, jealous feelings toward their relationship and cautions Yulhwa against continuing to see him. He believes that maybe he loves her, but are these feelings just a fear of losing his place in Yulhwa's life, or is he really in love?
Yulhwa doesn't believe that she has anything but platonic feelings for Subin, and continues to meet Hyukjoon.
As the story rolls along, this drama explores different kinds of love. Can a lifelong friendship be the basis for a lifelong love? Or is love something that comes quickly and captures the heart? Which is more important, a best friend or a new love? And will Subin and Yulhwa discover that their feelings for each other are truly that of friends? Or love....
credits to aNToK
- Kim Hee Sun as Kim Yul Hwa
- Lee Chang Hoon as Kwon Hyuk Joon
- Ryu Shi Won as Jung Su Bin
- Won Bin as Yul Hwa's neighbor
- Jo Eun Sook as Eun Ju
- Han Jin Hee as Dr. Jung (Su Bin's father)
- Kim Chang Sook as Dr. Kim Min Ju (Yul Hwa's mother)
- Jung Young Sook as Min Suk's mother
- Screenwriter: Choi Yoon Jung
- Chief Producer: Lee Young Gook
- Producer: Kang Jang Soo
- Director: Yoon Suk Ho