- Title: 버디버디 / Beodibeodi
- Genre: Sports, romance
- Episodes: 24
- Broadcast network: tvN
- Broadcast period: 2011-Aug-08 to 2011-Oct-25
- Air time: Monday & Tuesday 23:10
- Original Soundtrack: Birdie Buddy OST
"Birdie Buddy" tells the story of former pro golfer John Lee and how he leads two women to become the next golf queens. John Lee became the first Korean to win a PGA title. His background was a mystery other than the fact that he was an adoptee. Aside from golf, he also excelled in the Afro-Brazilian dance/martial arts style known as "Capoeira." Even though he found success by winning the PGA title, John Lee stopped playing golf to become a golf course tester.
Min Hae Ryung was raised to become an elite golf player and was always placed in the best environment to play golf. Her emotions have always been controlled and she has a deep wound inside of her. In contrast, Sung Mi Soo is a country girl from Kangwon Province. She comes from a poor background, but her mom worked as caddie. With her bright personality and determined efforts, she attempts to become an elite golf player.
- Uee as Sung Mi Soo
- Jin Ji Hee as Mi Soo (child)
- Lee Da Hee as Min Hae Ryung
- Lee Yong Woo as John Lee
- Lee Byung Joon as Sung Kyung Hwan
- Yoon Yoo Sun as Jo Kyung Suk (Mi Soo's mother)
- Oh Hyun Kyung as Min Se Hwa (Hae Ryung's mother)
- Yoo In Na as Lee Gong Sook (Mi Soo's friend)
- Gina (지나) as Gong Sook (child)
- Park Han Bi (박한비) as Sung Tae Gab (Mi Soo's brother)
- Ahn Do Gyu as Tae Gab (child)
- Park Sung Woong as Choi Dong Kwan
- Han Seung Hyun as Ahn Joong Ki
- Choi Il Hwa as Jay Park
- Robert Holley (로버트 할리) as Yoon Kwang Baek
- Yang Hee Kyung as Uhm Jung Ran
- Kim Jong Jin as Woo Joon Mo
- Park Tae In as Park Eun Joo
- Yoon Gi Won as pro-golfer Wang
- Choo So Young as scout
- Kim Jung Hak
- Woo Hyun
- Kim Dong Hyun
- Samuel Kang (사무엘 강)
- Goo Bon Im
- Jo Seung Yun
- Original writing: Manhwa "Buddy" by Lee Hyun Se (이현세)
- Production company: Group Eight
- Director: Yoon Sang Ho
- Sceenwriter: Kwon In Chan, Yoo Young Ah (유영아), Bae Jong Byung (배종병)
- Producer: Bae Jong Byung (배종병)
- The drama was initially scheduled to air in the summer of 2010 but was postponed by Group Eight.
- On November 2 2010, a representative from MBC announced that Birdie Buddy will air after Queen of Reversals in March 2011. However, the drama was later rejected by the MBC board for being unsuitable. Instead, Queen of Reversals was extended and another series, The Duo was aired in the place of Birdie Buddy.
- After several cancellations and postponements, an official from tvN announced on July 5, 2011 that Birdie Buddy will premiere August 15 after I Need Romance ends. The producers have decided to air 24 episodes spanning 45 minutes each instead of the initial 20 episodes of 70 minutes each.
- Filming has completed before the broadcast in November 2010 and has already sold rights to air overseas in seven other countries.