Kanryotachi no Natsu
- Title: 官僚たちの夏
- Title (romaji): Kanryotachi no Natsu
- Also known as: Summer for Bureaucrats
- Format: Renzoku
- Genre: Politics
- Episodes: 10
- Viewership rating: 8.8 (Kanto)
- Broadcast network: TBS
- Broadcast period: 2009-Jul-05 to 2009-Sep-20
- Air time: Sunday 21:00
- Theme song: STAY by Kobukuro
The story takes place in 1955, 10 years after losing in WWII. It tells the story of the government officials at the Ministry of International Trade and Industry (now the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry), who are carrying out their mission to make Japan as affluent and wealthy as the western world. The story revolves around Kazakoshi Shingo, otherwise known as "Mr. Ministry of International Trade and Industry", and unfolds around the battle between the "industry supporters" who want to protect the national industry, and the "trade supporters" who are aiming for free trade to globalize the country. --TBS
- Sato Koichi as Kazakoshi Shingo
- Sakai Masato as Niwano Takahisa
- Takahashi Katsumi as Ayukawa Kotaro
- Sano Shiro as Nishimaru Kenji
- Nishimura Masahiko as Maruo Kaname
- Sugimoto Tetta as Maki Junzo
- Fukiishi Kazue as Yamamoto Makoto
- Tanaka Kei as Mikage Taiki
- Tokoshima Yoshiko as Kazakoshi Machiko
- Murakawa Eri as Kazakoshi Takako
- Takahashi Katsunori as Katayama Taisuke
- Funakoshi Eiichiro as Tamaki Hirobumi
- Kitaoji Kinya as Ikeuchi Nobuto
- Nakahara Takeo as Yamaoka Ichiro (ep2)
- Okuda Tatsuhito as Hirano Shunichi (ep2)
- Kondo Risa as Tamaki Miki (ep4)
- Original writing: Novel Kanryotachi no Natsu by Shiroyama Saburo (城山三郎)
- Screenwriter: Hashimoto Hiroshi
- Producer: Isano Hideki, Maki Akira (真木明)
- Director: Hirano Shunichi, Oka Susumu (大岡進), Matsuda Ayato (松田礼人)
Source: Video Research, Ltd.
- Ep 01: 昭和三十年の夢, or "The Dream from Shouwa Year 30 (1955)"
- Ep 02: テレビの時代, or "Television Generation"
- Ep 03: 大臣との対立, or "Confrontation with the Minister"
- Ep 04: 黒船来襲, or "Graphite Raid"
- Ep 05: 電算機を救え, or "Save the Computer"
- Ep 06: 公害問題, or "Pollution Problem"
- Ep 07: 敗北, or "Defeat"
- Ep 08: 総理の死, or "The Death of the Prime Minister"
- Ep 09: 炭鉱事故, or "Accident at the Coal Mine"
- Ep 10: 天下りせず, or "No Stepping Down"
- 62nd Television Drama Academy Awards: Best Supporting Actor - Sakai Masato
- 62nd Television Drama Academy Awards: Best Directors - Hirano Shunichi, Oka Susumu, Matsuda Ayato