- Title: お助けや☆陳八
- Title (romaji): Otasukeya Jinpachi
- Format: Renzoku
- Genre: Suspense
- Episodes: 12
- Viewership rating: TBD
- Broadcast network: NTV / YTV
- Broadcast period: 2013-Jan-10 to 2013-Mar-28
- Air time: Thursday 23:58 - 00:38
- Theme song: MY NAME "WE ARE THE NIGHT" by Yoshimoto R and C/YM3D
In Asakusa, there is a family of rickshaw runners that spans 5 generation. They are all known as Kurumaya Jinpachi. The current Jinpachi, used to work in Osaka, but was called back to Asakusa by his grandfather, who is the 4th generation's runner.
One day, the secret of Kurumaya Jinpachi is shared by the grandfather to his grandson. They are not just any plan rickshaw runners, they are actually the vigilantes of Asakusa, going round saving the helpless and punishing the bad guys... -NTV-
In downtown Tokyo, an unusual trio of heroes emerge...
Girls deceived into paying money to bad guys...
Elderly involved in a banking fraud...
Kids being bullied...
The little injustices that we can all relate to...
Because of injustice, the dreams of people looking for happiness are shattered. Of course, we want to help people out, but to lend out a helping hand you need to be bold and there are some risks. We don’t have time to meddle in other’s misfortunes. Unforunately, that’s what we all assume.
But as reckless as it is, what if there was someone who was willing to stand up to such injustice...without having any weapons, never giving up even if things don’t work out. Even if they aren’t cool, always trying their best, the most clumsy but beloved hero... The main character, Jinpachi, a rickshaw man, after a mere turn of events is left to take on the secret business of his predecessor. The predecessor secretly helped people in trouble by hurting the villains, that couldn’t be punished under the law.
Jinpachi wants to become a hero too, but in reality, it’s not so easy. Having zero potential of becoming a hero, Jinpachi is conflicted. But after meeting a strong geisha entertainer, Ponta and an ex-doctor, Tatsuya, the three of them bring togehther their strengths and they recklessly begin their fight against injustice. -YTV-
- Miyagawa Daisuke as Kurumaya Jinpachi the 5th
- Koizumi Kotaro as Iguchi Tatsuya
- Yamasaki Shizuyo as Ponta
- Arimura Kasumi as Kamiya Moe
- Kato Cha as Kurumaya Jinpachi the 4th
- Hosokawa Shigeki as Murakami Tetsuo
- Takeda Kozo (武田幸三) as Kamiya Terumichi
- Ito Shuko (伊藤修子) as Nazo no Onna
- Taira Airi as Ono Mayumi (ep 1-2)
- Tokuyama Hidenori as Amemiya Ikki (ep 1-2)
- Imai Yuki as Kohinata(ep3)
- Aijima Kazuyuki as Nomura Eiji, Assistant principal (ep3)
- Lawrence Yumi (ローランス由美) as Catherine (ep3)
- Fujiwara Reiko as Kohinata Miki (ep3)
- Wakako Sakai (酒井和歌子) as Iijima Fumi (ep4)
- Yamazaki Shigenori as Iijima Nobura (ep4)
- Shusuke Fukutoku (福徳秀介) as Shindo Naoki (ep4)
- Sharo as Kusumoto Ayumi (ep4)
- Minami Akina as Saito Miwa (ep5)
- Adachi Kentaro (安達 健太郎) as Takeuchi Yukio (ep5)
- Azuma Mikihisa as Nishida Masefumi (ep5)
- Nakano Hideki as Fujiki Hidemoto (ep5)
- Morimoto Leo as Ogawa Soyu (ep6)
- Fueki Yuko as Hinako Ogawa (ep6)
- Yoshida Yo as Fujiki Hidemoto (ep6)
- MEGUMI as Sawada Natsumi (ep7)
- Takachi Noboru as Ling Mita (ep7)
- Imai Masayuki as Aramaki Ryuji (ep7, 9, 11-12)
- Omi Toshinori as Ichiro Nogizaka (ep8)
- Seto Catherine as Muta Reika (ep8)
- Tomoko Murakami (村上知子) as Hirayama Kuniko (ep8)
- Sato Yuki as Masuda Keita (ep9)
- Mikura Mana as Shirai Saori (ep10)
- Nadagi Takeshi (なだぎ武) as Shirai K. (ep10)
- Toyama Toshiya as Nagata Hideki (ep10)
- Umezawa Tomio as The mysterious male passenger (ep10)
- Okamoto Rei as tabata Rika (ep11)
- Miura Rieko as Misaki Renjo (ep11-12)
- Kitahara Sawako as Tabata Kumi (ep11)
- Bengal as Sakamoto Tadafumi (ep12)
- Screenwriter: Yamaoka Shinsuke (山岡真介), Kawashima Sumino, Tanaka Shinichi (田中眞一), Takeda Yuki (武田有起)
- Producers: Horiguchi Yoshinori (堀口良則), Nishikawa Yoshitsugu (西川義嗣), Takahata Masakazu (高畑正和), Takeno Kazuki, Kurosawa Atsushi (黒澤淳)
- Director: Ikezawa Tatsuya, Yamauchi Munenobu (山内宗信)
- Music: Harada Tomohiro (原田智英)