Daichi no Ko
- Title: 大地の子
- Title (romaji): Daichi no Ko
- Also known as: A Son of the Good Earth
- Genre: Renzoku drama
- Episodes: 7 (89 mins. each, last ep. 109 min.)
- Air time: Saturday 21:00
- Broadcast network: NHK
- Broadcast period: 1995-Nov-11 to 1995-Dec-23
NHK's 70th anniversary production. Based on the book by Yamazaki Toyoko who interviewed 300 orphans before novelizing the story. In the chaos of the closing days of World War II, the four members of a Japanese family attempting to flee China become separated. The father eventually makes it back to Japan, but his wife perishes and his young son and daughter are lost. The boy escapes from his cruel first adoptive family and is taken in by a kind-hearted Chinese couple and given the name Lu Yixin. Though he thrives under their loving care, he is tortured by uncertainty over the fate of his family. To make matters worse, he is falsely denounced as a Japanese spy and sent to a labor camp at the height of China's Cultural Revolution. This engrossing drama, co-produced by NHK and CCTV (China Central Television), carries you through Lu Yixin's pains and triumphs as he struggles to reconcile two cultures.
- Nakadai Tatsuya
- Kamikawa Takaya
- Utsui Ken
- Tanaka Yoshiko
- Xu Zhu (朱旭 / チュウ・シュイ)
- Nagai Mariko (永井真理子)
- Kasahara Hideyuki
- Iiduka Mayumi (飯塚雅弓)
- Tokachi Hanako (十勝花子)
- Original story: Yamasaki Toyoko
- Screenwriter: Okazaki Sakae (岡崎栄)
- Producer: Masakazu Kawamura
- Director: Matsuoka Takaharu
- 1995 broadcast on Saturday. Total 7 episodes, each episode is 89 minutes, except for last episode is 109 minutes.
- New revision in 1996 with 40 minutes added. Total 11 episodes, first episode is 90 minutes, subsequent episode is 60 minutes. Both episode 10 and 11 are aired on the same day.
- In 2001 this dorama released on DVD splitted into 15 episodes.