From DramaWiki< DramaWiki:Community Portal
It seems we have outgrown our current server, we're now using more bandwidth than what we are allocated and the server is starting to experience high load more than often. So I am currently in the process of setting up a bigger server in both bandwidth and processing power. Its likely this will be done in the next few days after, that we will make the switch over.
DramaWiki will be temporarly offline for an hour or so during the move. The new server will also be located in the same datacenter as the forum so there will be an IP address change. I will post more details closer to the change over date. --Ruroshin 06:34, 25 Jun 2008 (CDT)
Upgrade will commence in 24 hours from the time of this posting. The site will be temporary offline for about an hour for the upgrade. --Ruroshin 06:47, 26 Jun 2008 (CDT)
Upgade failed. There are problems I need to sort out first so the upgrade will be delayed for a couple of days. --Ruroshin 08:22, 27 Jun 2008 (CDT)
Interwiki map updated
I updated our hopelessly outdated interwiki map. Now we support 410 interwiki prefixes (compared to 108 before). The new entries include some useful ones, like IMDb, ThePPN, MediaWiki, etc. We can of course define our own entries for other Websites. So, your suggestions are always welcome. --MoerkJ talk 05:25, 12 Aug 2008 (CEST)
Google search fixed
I changed the input encoding of the Google search from ISO-8859-1 to UTF-8. So, now you can enter asian search terms, too. (I kept the setting for the output encoding at ISO-8859-1 because it works just fine.) --MoerkJ talk 18:53, 21 Aug 2008 (CEST)
- Thank you... That was a problem I kept running into when using the Google search. -- Quashlo 05:20, 22 Aug 2008 (CEST)
- This change also made it easier for me to quickly search for exisiting Korean shows and artists. I simply enter the Korean name (이상길) into the Wiki search box and regardless of how it's spelled (Lee Sang Gil or Lee Sang Kil) I'll get a hit. It also helps me with artist selection (김지영) when there is more than one arist with the same name. (Lee Ji Young or Lee Ji Young (1974) --Imian 04:41, 30 Sep 2008 (CEST)
In order to prevent (accidental) consecutive edits I've added a reminder message to use the preview button before saving the page. It is displayed right below the "save page" button on edit pages. Besides I want to encourage all editors to do full page edits instead of several consecutive section edits. Keep in mind that with every click on the save button, no matter if you edit the page or just a section, you create a new backup of the whole article in DramaWiki's database. --MoerkJ talk 18:45, 26 Jan 2009 (CET)
- Thanks for the Edit/Save info - I had thought that section edits just saved those only those sections.
- I have a suggestion for creating less backups. I don't know how pratical this is but here goes...
- First, episode ratings will have their own page linked to the main show article (like in Princess Ja Myung Go ... maybe C51236 already had this in mind). Second, the episode ratings page are updated as usual. Third, when the last episode rating is entered, the entire table is copied and pasted into the show article. Fourth, the episode rating page and its history is permanently deleted. This will allow much less Edit/Save to show artilces while allowing continuously updated episode ratings. --Imian 06:29, 27 Jan 2009 (CET)
Upgraded the mediawiki software to the latest version. Post in the forum if you experience problems with the new version. --Ruroshin 12:55, 15 August 2009 (UTC)